Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
DF Game Club: Costume Quest (with Tasha Harris and many more!)
Posted: 03 October 2013 09:23 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1266
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Costume Quest  (starting 12th of October)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Chapter 1
  Next Game: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Costume-quest-cover.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 12th October, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Interview and Stream 1a, Stream 1b, Interview transcript) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)
  - 19th October, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)
  - 26th October, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session (Stream 3) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS
  - Tasha Harris (@tashascomic)
  - Gabe Miller (@gabemiller)
  - Anna Kipnis (@doubleanna)
  - Mark Hamer (@m_hamer)

ABOUT THE GAME
  Reynold and Wren’s Halloween is turned upside down when marauding monsters with a hunger for candy accidentally kidnap one of the twins. The remaining trick-or-treater and friends found along the way must use the power of their Halloween costumes to defeat the monsters and save their neighbourhood.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
  - GOG (Windows, DRM Free)
  - iTunes Store (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
  - XBox Marketplace (XBox 360)
  - Playstation Network (PS3)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club F.A.Q.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 03 October 2013 09:38 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1449
Joined  2012-03-12

So many guests! This is going to be a fun session.

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Jazzpunk
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 04 October 2013 03:11 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  3506
Joined  2012-03-12

Yeah, looking forward to it.

A friend of mine has been playing CQ with his five year old son recently. They both really enjoyed it. Can’t wait until my son is old enough to be able to play it.

Signature 

I’m a volunteer community moderator at DFAF, but my opinions are my own and may not reflect those of Double Fine.
Please keep the official DFAF “Guide to Decency” in mind when posting.

SUPER WIN THE GAME

Posted: 04 October 2013 03:52 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Dr. Action Poster, Esq.
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2012-04-05

Argh. Why must this be the day I’ll be out of the house all day?! Uguu~ ;_;

Oh wells, I’ll be there for the second session. I’m sure you’ll have an awesome session with all those awesome guests. ^_^

Signature 

Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
Join us on IRC: #dfadventure@irc.foonetic.net [Web IRC client]

Posted: 05 October 2013 04:09 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Sexy Robots
Total Posts:  352
Joined  2012-03-23

Hey everyone! I’ll be the one streaming Costume Quest. For those who want something to do until the beginning of the stream (when you aren’t busy playing Costume Quest naturally), feel free to listen to one or both of these song on constant loop and you should be ready for the game =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU6iP0WLsU8

Posted: 06 October 2013 06:23 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
The Smell of Cinnamon Rolls
Total Posts:  71
Joined  2012-03-12

This was a game I had underestimated a lot from DF portfolio and delayed a lot before actually playing it, while I now think it was the highest product of the studio; I hope I’ll have time to pass by if I remember. =P

Posted: 08 October 2013 09:01 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Deity of the Forum
Total Posts:  897
Joined  2011-12-11

Drat! I’m going to miss it this weekend :( 

A big shout out to all the amazing Special Guests that will be there! If they make it to the following week, I should be able to attend then.

Playing Costume Quest has become my new tradition for getting into the Halloween mood- like catching “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” on TV.

Signature 

Hiding in your basement since before you were born

Posted: 10 October 2013 07:27 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

I think we’re going to be able to get some of the guests for more than one session. There’ll also be a chat log :D

In case anybody who might be interested in playing on an iOS device hasn’t spotted, Costume Quest for iOS launched today! Woo!

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 11 October 2013 11:34 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Double Fine
Total Posts:  154
Joined  2012-04-04

Hi guys!

I worked on Costume Quest as Lead Gameplay Programmer (all overworld stuff) and then Lead Programmer on Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice.

I won’t be able to hang out long tomorrow (have a music lesson to go to), but I am really looking forward to stopping by!

Posted: 11 October 2013 05:02 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
DF Anna - 11 October 2013 11:34 AM

I won’t be able to hang out long tomorrow (have a music lesson to go to), but I am really looking forward to stopping by!

Aww, you’re totally welcome to come to any of the others that you like (we’re planning three sessions for Costume Quest and we’ll be doing Grubbins on Ice in December maybe)! It’ll be great to have you there even if it’s only for a short time! smile

I just got word that David Gardner (@IruinedYourDay) won’t be able to join us.

So, we’re planning a short voice interview with Tasha at the beginning of the session where we’ll be relaying questions from IRC similar to how we did the interview with Ron when we played The Cave! Get your questions ready :D

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2013 08:26 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-07-22

Ah yeah! I love this game. Hopefully I will make it to one of the streams!

Posted: 12 October 2013 12:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2012-10-13

Won’t be able to be there for the stream this week. :( But hopefully next.

Signature 

Carefully selected downloadable DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 12 October 2013 01:56 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1449
Joined  2012-03-12

We’ll be starting soon!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Jazzpunk
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 12 October 2013 04:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  972
Joined  2008-10-01

That was my first Double Fine Game Club, and it was fun.  It was great to be able to ask a question (and get it answered - yay!) by Tasha. smile

I’ll try to make it here next week too.  I’ll be in South Carolina (having a holiday in Myrtle Beach - off-season is always the cheapest!) for the last week though.

Signature 

I’m just a volunteer moderator who spends some of her free time helping on the forums.  Since I’m not a member of the Double Fine staff, I’m not privy to any inside information and my opinions are mine and mine alone.

Contribute to the Doug The Ogre Collaborative Comic!

My webcomic | My Blog

Posted: 12 October 2013 04:19 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive and interview are up in the first post as well as the chat log!

A great session! Thanks to Mark, Anna and Tasha for giving us some of their time and apologies for the late start! Dan also dropped in after we’d finished and said he’d like to join us next week!

Halloween’s not really a thing here in Australia, but I’ve been enjoying playing through Costume Quest and haven’t found that to be an issue at all ^_^
Looking forward to next week’s session! :D

Edit: Oops! Running back through the log, I noticed that Anna (Kipnis) pointed out something which I’d completely forgotten to bring up - the Costume Quest Amnesia Fortnight prototype is included as a bonus in the Amnesia Fortnight 2012 bundle, which is available both as a DRM free download and as a boxed set with super cool retro covers in the Double Fine Action Shop!

Signature 

Posted: 12 October 2013 06:57 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Dr. Action Poster, Esq.
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2013-06-13

Hey Cheese ! Any chance you might get Choy to join for the second session ? Those vfx are soooo rad !

Signature 

The Mad Pirate - Lord of the XOR 69h

-You Draw like a Computer Programmer!!!!
-If even knew how to use propper ASCII , you could draw too.

-I am gonna defeat you with my sword mastery!!!!
-Seeing you figth with a broomstick feels soooooooo old fashioned.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2

‹‹ New store stuff!      Amnesia fortnight 2013 ››