Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

DF Game Club: Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice
Posted: 14 December 2013 03:27 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1019
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Costume Quest: Grubbins On Ice  (starting 21st of December)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Kentucky Route Zero: Act II
  Next Game: Host Master + Host Master Deux

O3zeC41.png

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 21st December, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Stream) and general discussion plus devchat with Tasha Harris and Gabe Miller (log)

ABOUT THE GAME
  In the dead of winter, Lucy is kidnapped and the children are whisked away to the monsters’ world and become embroiled in a monster revolution.

SPECIAL GUESTS
  - Tasha Harris (@tashascomic)
  - Gabe Miller (@gabemiller)

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - Desura (Windows, Mac, Linux, DRM Free)
  - Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
  - GOG (Windows, Mac, DRM Free)
  - iTunes Store (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
  - XBox Marketplace (XBox 360)
  - Playstation Network (PS3)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club planning thread
  - Game Club F.A.Q.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

Want to read about the 2013 Double Fine Down Under BBQ? (spoiler: it was fun) (thread)

Posted: 14 December 2013 06:15 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Dr. Action Poster, Esq.
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2012-04-05

Sweet. I hope I’ll be able to get home in time for this. Let’s hope the devs will be able to take an hour or two off to join us during these busy holiday times.

Signature 

Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
Join us on IRC: #dfadventure@irc.foonetic.net [Web IRC client]

Posted: 15 December 2013 07:25 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

We’re still touching base with people, but so far it looks like we’ll get Tasha and Gabe back again smile

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

Want to read about the 2013 Double Fine Down Under BBQ? (spoiler: it was fun) (thread)

Posted: 16 December 2013 11:13 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Unholy Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  294
Joined  2012-03-23

I’ll be streaming again this week. Really looking forward to showing the rest of this fantastic game =D

Posted: 18 December 2013 05:02 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2012-03-23

Cool!  The Grubbins On Ice DLC is perfect to play this time of year.  I liked how the simple addition of snow really changed the look and feel of the game.

Posted: 21 December 2013 04:59 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

Woo! That was a fun session! The stream archive and chat log are up in the first post. Thanks so much to Tasha and Gabe for hanging out with us :D

I had heaps of fun brainstorming possible Costume Quest DLC ideas and chatting about the game’s development, story and characters (there was some fun discussion about what sort of people the kids might grow up to be). There was also this tidbit:

Cheeseness: Is there anything the community can do to make more Costume Quest more likely?
DF_Gabe: just doing things like this that bring more attention to it
tashaCQ: Keep telling Tim how much you like the game
Cheeseness: That means moar fan art, people!
DF_Gabe: the more popular it is the more likely it will see some more action
DF_Gabe: fan art is good
DF_Gabe: fan art has a big influence on tim’s perception of what is beloved

The thread for next week’s Host Master/Host Master Deux session will be a bit delayed, but I should still get that up today.

Edit: It’s up now! :D

Signature 

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!