Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

DF Game Club: Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold
Posted: 11 January 2014 04:11 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1205
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold  (starting 18th of January)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Pajama Sam 3
  Next Games: Lume & Aether

header_292x136.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 18th January, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session Stream 1) and dev chat with Josh Mandel and Paavo Härkönen (log)
  - 25th January, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and dev chat with Josh Mandel and Paavo Härkönen (log)

ABOUT THE GAME
  Fester Mudd and his trusty mule Martha journey to Loamsmouth when Fester receieves a letter from his brother Budd Mudd saying that he’d struck gold!
  Fester Mudd: Curse of the Gold is the first episode in a series of old school point and click adventure games which are a love letter to the classic adventures of the 90s.

SPECIAL GUESTS
  - Josh Mandel (@JoshoMandel)
  - Paavo Härkönen (@puavoh)

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - Replay Games Store (Windows, Mac or Linux)
  - Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club planning thread
  - Game Club F.A.Q.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 11 January 2014 04:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  3457
Joined  2012-03-12

Looking forward to this one. I’ve played through it a couple of times and I think it’s a nice game in the vein of the old LucasArts classics. I hope both Paavo Härkönen and Josh Mandel are able to join the chat.

Signature 

SUPER WIN THE GAME

Posted: 13 January 2014 05:40 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

I just got word from Josh that he’s keen to join us again! Woo! :D

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 13 January 2014 06:02 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  3457
Joined  2012-03-12

Awesome! Can’t wait!

Josh has got to be one of the most likeable persons in the game industry. Such a nice guy.

Signature 

SUPER WIN THE GAME

Posted: 13 January 2014 02:22 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
flesk - 13 January 2014 06:02 AM

Awesome! Can’t wait!

Josh has got to be one of the most likeable persons in the game industry. Such a nice guy.

I know, right! I was so sad to hear about his Capaxasia ;_;

Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2014 05:19 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

And I just got word that Paavo Härkönen will be joining us as well!

Signature 

Posted: 14 January 2014 11:29 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Beard Beard Action Beard
Total Posts:  69
Joined  2012-05-11

Real excited about this one!  I’ve played a bit of it, as well, and quite enjoyed the Freddy Pharkas-ness of it smile

Also, yeah, about Josh.  That guy’s a class act, and the adventure community is richer with him in it.

Posted: 18 January 2014 02:04 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

We’ve just been joined by Paavo and Josh and are about to go live! Join us!

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2014 03:29 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Woo! Great session today :D

The stream archive) and chat log from today’s session are up! Big thanks to Josh Mandel and Paavo Härkönen for joining us!

Signature 

Posted: 25 January 2014 01:50 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  1441
Joined  2012-03-12

We’ll be starting in about 10 minutes!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: TBA
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 25 January 2014 03:49 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Another fun session! The stream archive and chat log from today’s session are up in the first post. Thanks to Josh, Paavo and everybody else who joined us!

Next week we’ll be doing through two games: Lume and Aether!

Edit: And here’s a rating thingy for Fester Mudd

Story: 8 (Plot is fairly solid, if light, and the game carries a nice western atmosphere. The dialogue writing is appropriately amusing and subtly witty where it needs to be)
  Usability: 8 (Standard and proven traditional point and click UI. The uncommon Kick and Move verbs create some interesting variety)
  Gameplay: 8 (There’s not much backtracking or pixel hunting to be had here. Difficulty is at a low to moderate level and should be accessible to most)
  Assets: 9 (The game’s art, animation and score is a lovely homage to some classic adventure games. It’s clear that it was made with a lot of love and respect for the genre)
  Impact: 9 (I can’t think of a more appropriate “love letter” to the classic point and click adventure games of yore. The only thing that’s disappointing here is that the subsequent episodes haven’t been made. Fingers crossed for the future!)

Overall: 42
  Completed: Yes

Signature 

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!