Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

DF Game Club: Kentucky Route Zero, Act III (plus dev chat with Jake Elliot and Tamas Kemenczy)
Posted: 17 May 2014 02:47 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1233
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Kentucky Route Zero Act III  (starting 24th of May)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Spy Fox in Dry Cereal
  Next Game: Sam & Max: Abe Lincoln Must Die!

header_292x136.jpg?t=1399931035

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 24th May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Stream 1a, Stream 1b) and general discussion (log)
  - 31st May, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)
  - 7th June, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session (Stream 3a, Stream 3b) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)

ABOUT THE GAME
  Kentucky Route Zero is a magical realist adventure game about a secret highway in the caves beneath Kentucky, and the mysterious folks who travel it. Gameplay is inspired by point-and-click adventure games, but focused on characterization, atmosphere and storytelling rather than clever puzzles or challenges of skill.

SPECIAL GUESTS
  - Tamas Kemenczy (@rootkitten)
  - Jake Elliot (@jakevsrobots)

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - KR0 Website (Windows, Mac, Linux, DRM free, Steam key, Soundtrack)
  - Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
  - Humble Store (Windows, Mac, Linux, DRM free, Steam key, Soundtrack)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club planning thread
  - Game Club F.A.Q.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 17 May 2014 03:04 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Looking forward to this one! :D

It’s amazing how captivating this game is. Even when revisiting familiar locations, it always feels fresh and intriguing.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 18 May 2014 01:50 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2012-03-12

I’ll be sure to play through this act before the first session. I keep putting it off, probably because of the giant pile of games that released around the same time as the newest act came out. raspberry

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: The Journey Down: Chapter 2
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 18 May 2014 02:21 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

We just got email confirmation from Tamas, who is intending to join us again for the second two sessions! :D

Edit: And Jake too!

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2014 04:25 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The chat log and stream archive part a, part b are up! Thanks to everybody who joined us today :D

Looking forward to having Jake and Tamas with us next week ^_^

Signature 

Posted: 31 May 2014 04:22 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive and chat log from today’s session are up! Big thanks to Jake and Tamas for joining us. As always, it was a pleasure to have them along!

Signature 

Posted: 07 June 2014 01:54 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2012-03-12

The final session starts in about 5 minutes. Come join us!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: The Journey Down: Chapter 2
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 07 June 2014 03:43 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive (part 1, part 2) and chat log from today’s session are up! Thanks to everybody who joined us, and a big thanks to Jake and Tamas for joining us again! :D

Next week, we’ll be making a start on episode 4 of Telltale’s first Sam & Max series, Abe Lincoln Must Die!

In the meantime, what did people think of Kentucky Route Zero, Act III? I’ll do a rating thing in a day or two. Act III feels like it steps above Acts I and II. I’m super excited to see how the rest of the game wraps up!

Signature 

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!