Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

DF Game Club: The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Chapter 2
Posted: 05 July 2014 04:11 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1311
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Chapter 2  (starting 12th of July)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: The Fall
  Next Game: Toonstruck

header_292x136.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 12th July, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (stream 1) and general discussion (log)
  - 19th July, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (stream 2) and general discussion (log)
  - 26th July, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session (stream 3) and general discussion (log)

ABOUT THE GAME
  Anton Zellner awakes to find himself held captive by Dr Gebhardt as the MS Lydia continues toward Egypt.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - The Raven Website (Windows, Mac, Linux, deluxe edition available)
  - Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux, deluxe edition available)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club planning thread
  - Game Club F.A.Q.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 12 July 2014 01:53 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1454
Joined  2012-03-12

We’ll be starting in less than 10 minutes! Come join us!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Maniac Mansion
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 12 July 2014 03:16 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive and chat log from today’s session are up. Thanks to everybody who joined us!

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 19 July 2014 02:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Joined  2012-03-12

The second session has just gone live!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.

Posted: 19 July 2014 03:34 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive and chat log from today’s session are up!

Thanks to everybody who joined us today smile

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2014 01:58 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2012-03-12

The final session will be starting in just a few minutes!

Signature 

Posted: 26 July 2014 03:05 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive and chat log is up! Thanks to everybody who joined us today and to Permafry for streaming.

Next week we’ll be making a start on Toonstruck!

In the meantime though, what did everybody think of The Raven?

Signature 

Posted: 27 July 2014 03:49 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Five Sexy Robots
Total Posts:  366
Joined  2012-03-23

I think that The Raven is a great adventure game, but was a little weak in presenting an interesting mystery. While there was a lot of build up during the game, the reveal of “the raven” was a little anti-climactic due to there being little to no evidence throughout the earlier parts of the game to suggest their guilt. The animations were also a bit distracting at times, often being cheap and roughly made. The character and background models were good, and the music was fantastic despite having only a handful of songs that all share the same melody. The game was a nice length, though it was clear the story wasn’t designed to be split into 3, and if i had been playing it after the release of every episode I would have been disappointed having to wait to fine out what would happen next. The voice acting is ok to great and the majority of the characters all feel alive and for the most part feel like real people. A couple characters were a little too cliche for my tastes, but overall there was a definite charm to most of the characters that balanced that out.

Still if you haven’t played it yet, I’d say its worth the price of admission. It does enough things great to be worth playing, despite a few issues detracting from the overall experience.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!