Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
DF Game Club: Toonstruck (With special guest Keith Arem!)
Posted: 26 July 2014 03:04 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1265
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Toonstruck  (starting 2nd of August)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief: Chapter 2
  Next Game: The Maker’s Eden, Act I

zbzhQMP.jpg

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 2nd August, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (stream 1a, stream 1b, stream 1c) and general discussion (log)
  - 9th August, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session ([http://www.twitch.tv/dfgameclub/c/4910175]stream 2[/url]) and general discussion (log)
  - 16th August, 09:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 3rd game session (stream 3) and general discussion with special guest Keith Arem (chat log)

SPECIAL GUESTS
  - Keith Arem (@KeithArem)

ABOUT THE GAME
  Tired of his long running hit The Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun Show, cartoonist Drew Blanc is drawn into his creation’s world along with his favourite character Flux Wildly to discover that it is being corrupted by an evil force.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - CDAccess (DOS)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club planning thread
  - Game Club F.A.Q.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 28 July 2014 09:28 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Psychomaster
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2012-03-26

Hoorah! Looking forward to this! Any chance of guest dev(s)?

Signature 

Twitter || The Dan And Ben Adventures on Steam and GOG || adventure game with lead voice by me Unga Needs Mumba || my portfolio

Posted: 02 August 2014 01:49 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  1446
Joined  2012-03-12

We’ll be starting the first session in about 10 minutes. Come join us!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: The Journey Down: Chapter 2
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 02 August 2014 04:34 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Sexy Robot
Total Posts:  350
Joined  2012-03-23

Hi all,

So first the bad news:
Syd has told me that a fallen tree during a storm knocked down her internet, meaning that she was unable to finish most of the stream today as planned.

The good news: From what she’s told me so far, her and her family are safe, and thanks to last minute setting up, I was able to stream some of the game, which are divided between the intro (recorded by syd just before her internet connection was lost), part 1 and part 2 (missing the usual outro) here:
intro:
http://www.twitch.tv/dfgameclub/b/553889482
part 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/dfgameclub/b/553911535
part 2:
http://www.twitch.tv/dfgameclub/b/553921730

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get a complete chat log this week.

We are still organizing next week’s stream. I will be gone next week so I naturally won’t be able to stream. Once syd, cheese and I figure out what we’ll do from here, we’ll be sure to let you know. For now, please be sure to playthrough toonstuck in full before next week’s stream if at all possible.
Thanks again to all the people who were willing to wait a long time to watch the stream.

Cheers,
Permafray_42

Posted: 02 August 2014 06:03 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Joined  2012-03-12

Thanks for filling in for me, Perma!

I was pretty upset that my internet was knocked out basically seconds after I had started the stream, but I’m glad that there was still a stream for the viewers to watch. raspberry

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.

Posted: 03 August 2014 12:57 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Apologies to everybody for not being around this morning. Awesome work Permafry for filling in!

Chat log and stream archives are now up in the first post (I managed to wrangle the chat log thanks to lietu’s automatic logs).

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 07 August 2014 04:50 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Psychomaster
Joined  2012-03-26

I’m not sure if you can hear it via ScummVM, but there’s an excellent sound clip that as far as I’m aware was only used for testing your sound settings. It’s Tim Curry saying “Welcome to Toonstruck” and it’s well worth clicking on to hear his wonderful delivery before going back into the game, if it is indeed accessible.

So no chance of a @KeithArem appearance, then?

Signature 

Twitter || The Dan And Ben Adventures on Steam and GOG || adventure game with lead voice by me Unga Needs Mumba || my portfolio

Posted: 09 August 2014 01:56 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
TimeGentleman - 07 August 2014 04:50 AM

Well actually, I managed to get something back today. Looks like he’s interested in joining us next week :D

Also, we’re about to go live. Join us and chat about the game \o/

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2014 04:18 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

The stream archive and chat log from today’s session are up! Thanks to everybody who joined us ^_^

Signature 

Posted: 09 August 2014 06:42 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Joined  2012-03-12
TimeGentleman - 07 August 2014 04:50 AM

I’m not sure if you can hear it via ScummVM, but there’s an excellent sound clip that as far as I’m aware was only used for testing your sound settings. It’s Tim Curry saying “Welcome to Toonstruck” and it’s well worth clicking on to hear his wonderful delivery before going back into the game, if it is indeed accessible.

I don’t see any sound test options or anything similar on the main menu, and I don’t think I can get to any other menus that may exist while running it through ScummVM. I’m gonna guess that the sound options were found in the launcher, but I don’t think there’s any way I could access that on a modern OS, at least without using a virtual machine.

But the good news is, like Cheeseness said, it looks like we’ll be having Keith Arem as a guest for the next session!

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2014 05:58 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Psychomaster
Joined  2012-03-26

Fantastic! But am I missing something:

Cheeseness - 26 July 2014 03:04 PM

- John Warner (@KeithArem)

Why “John Warner”?

I can’t find that Tim Curry clip anywhere, maybe Keith/John will have a link to it!

EDIT: ah ha, found it! It’s the first clip in this vid. His laugh gets blended over a tiny bit at the end, but it’s still great! I remember being impressed that they got Mr Curry to record a clip specially for the installation process:

http://youtu.be/fyUbGnaLZeg

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2014 07:32 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
TimeGentleman - 10 August 2014 05:58 AM

Fantastic! But am I missing something:

Cheeseness - 26 July 2014 03:04 PM

- John Warner (@KeithArem)

Why “John Warner”?

Ah, this is my bad. Usually I include gusts when I generate the thread content. Since Keith was confirmed late, I copied and pasted from a previous game (The Fall) and forgot to replace John’s name. Whoops! :D

It’s fixed now ^_^

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2014 01:50 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2012-03-12

10 minutes until the final session goes live!

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2014 03:19 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-04-05

Woohoo! \m/_

Y0kXzoUl.jpg

Posted: 16 August 2014 03:26 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Nice, Stanto! :D

The stream archive and chat log from today’s session are up! Big thanks to Keith for taking the time to join us and sharing some details on the unreleased additional content and his efforts in trying to make a re-release/sequel happen.

Next week, we’ll be playing through Act 1 of Screwy Lightbulb’s episodic sci-fi noir motion comic The Maker’s Eden.

In the meantime though, what did everybody think of Toonstruck?

Signature 

Posted: 16 August 2014 03:49 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2012-03-12

That was a great session! If anyone is interested in hearing about what it was like to make Toonstruck, and what work is being done to revive the game and implement the other two acts that were cut from the original release, definitely give the chat log a read. Keith Arem was a great guest!

Signature 

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2