Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 4
Psychonauts no longer available on Xbox Live Marketplace?
Posted: 06 August 2011 01:54 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-08-06

Just two days ago, I started toying with the idea of buying Psychonauts from XBLM, I managed to find it then, and almost bought it, but decided to wait until I had the time to play it.

Now, only two days later, and for no apparent reason, the game has been removed from the marketplace. No news about it, and the only answer I get from Xbox Support is “some games may simply no longer be available.”

It should be noted that all of the other DLC is still available (gamer profile pics, xbox theme)

Does anyone have any solid information on this?

Posted: 06 August 2011 01:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Joined  2011-08-06

I just made an account to ask this, haha. Right when I finished, your post appeared.

Posted: 06 August 2011 01:56 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Joined  2011-08-06

Haha!

Posted: 08 August 2011 05:06 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-08-08

I literally have the exact same problem! It’s infuriating! The game appears to be on XBLM, but there is no option to purchase the game, only an option to rate it. Someone please tell us what the problem is!

Posted: 08 August 2011 05:16 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
King of the Forum Gods
Total Posts:  6214
Joined  2007-11-08

I’m 90% sure that it has something to do with this whole thing here.

http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/4494/

Signature 

it must be nice to live in a world where everything is so black and white. where condemning a man is as easy as counting to three. where everything makes sense.

-hot on baseball

Posted: 08 August 2011 02:01 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Joined  2011-08-06

It’s possible but double fine is usually all right with XBLM, from what I understand. Maybe they struck a deal with Steam? It’s still for sale there.

Posted: 15 August 2011 06:47 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Joined  2011-08-15

came here to ask this as well :-(

Posted: 16 August 2011 12:31 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Joined  2011-08-16

This is interesting because I purchased the game via the marketplace a couple years ago and delete it from my memory every so often, so I can have space for demos. As was the case a couple weeks ago. Hopefully this is just an error or I can at least redownload my copy of the game…

Posted: 16 August 2011 03:49 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Supreme Deity of the Forum's Mother
Total Posts:  3449
Joined  2009-05-27

Maybe somebody should send a PM to QA dude.

Posted: 20 August 2011 07:57 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Double Action Newbie
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2010-08-10

I just noticed this.

I hope it’s not for good. I’m crossing my fingers that it was a mistake, or maybe, just perhaps, it’s because they’re planning for a high-definition remake.

Posted: 01 December 2011 02:20 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-11-13

Hey, I’m here for the same reason too—I planned on downloading Psychonauts but I just realized it’s not there anymore—Any news about this?

Posted: 01 December 2011 06:44 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  256
Joined  2007-08-31

Hi everybody!

Sorry for the mysterious disappearance of Psychonauts from XBOX Games on Demand. It is, hopefully, a temporary situation and will be remedied soon.

Seniormeld is very astute! It is in fact due to the fact that Majesco is no longer the publisher of Psychonauts. Games without licensed publishers can’t be on XBOX. So *poof* it came down, just like magic. Sad, sad magic.

We are working with Microsoft right now to get it re-propped to the system but there is a lot of red tape to melt with our minds.

But we’re working on it right now. Well, as soon as I stop typing this sentence.

Thanks!

(Oh wait. I mean THIS sentence.)

Posted: 02 December 2011 04:38 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-11-13

Hey thanks for the update Mr. Schafer—Then I think I’ll spend my 1200 credits on Iron Trench Brigaged in the mean time, since its banner just popped on my Italian tv screen.. wink

Posted: 05 January 2012 04:38 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2012-01-05

So when’s the ETA on psychonauts getting back up there? Should’ve gotten it earlier but was busy with school and such. Sigh.

Posted: 16 February 2012 09:52 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2012-02-16

Damn, I’d been meaning to get around to buying Psychonauts on the marketplace for a while now, and when I finally tried tonight, I found out it’s not there anymore :(

Glad to hear it should be back up at some point though.

Posted: 16 February 2012 07:36 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2012-02-16

I’ll be buying it as soon as it goes back on live. And I’m glad the game’s creators are going to be getting it’s returns. Best wishes with the signing of things.

Also, yes, I did make an account just to post this.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 4