Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
2 of 4
Psychonauts no longer available on Xbox Live Marketplace?
Posted: 17 February 2012 03:18 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Action Forum Commander
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  184
Joined  2010-07-13

Well at least I still got my gamerpics!

Signature 

Nonsense! - The Doctor

Posted: 17 February 2012 06:29 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-17

......and yet another account has been created in search for the hallowed psychonauts on xbox live!

gonna give stacking a go and hopefully by the time i complete it, psychonauts will be up for our gaming pleasure!

i dont mind waiting for it in the knowledge that double fine will get all the proceeds, after all the love and care that went into making psychonauts….

Posted: 17 February 2012 09:45 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  364
Joined  2012-01-09

So you guys know, we don’t have an ETA on this.  One of the requirements to have a game on XBLA is to have a publisher backing it, and in order to be classified as a publisher there’s a few requirements that Double Fine doesn’t really meet (Most notably, way more wads of money than we actually have. Yes, even with the kickstarer thing.)

We’re trying to get it through, it’s just a Process. Hopefully you guys won’t be deprived too long though!

Posted: 17 February 2012 09:55 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
I Post Because I Am Awesome
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2010-07-31

Have you tried asking them to not make it so hard for you to make them money?

You’d think they would like that. The whole you making them money thing.

I mean, what’s their reasoning? If we let you make us money, then we’ll have to let everyone make us money? Yes, I see the dilemma.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 17 February 2012 10:18 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  364
Joined  2012-01-09

Microsoft is a very large organization, and I honestly have no idea what may or may not be stalling the process unfortunately.

Posted: 17 February 2012 10:23 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-07-31

Yeah, I was just kidding. I’m sure they have some reason that makes sense to them. Probably they don’t want to just let anything on to the service, so that the user base doesn’t start to doubt the quality of what can be purchased on Xbox Live. The problem here seems to be their unwillingness to bend from normal policy, when they know for a certainty that the game works as it’s supposed to, and has already been on the service for quite some time. Like you said, bureaucracy.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 27 February 2012 10:42 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-26

Psychonauts can be bought in US now, any idea if it will be available in europe (Sweden) soon?

Posted: 27 February 2012 05:17 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Dr. Action Poster, Esq.
Total Posts:  41
Joined  2012-02-11

I have to same question as Eriw, but for Brazil. It wasn’t available in Brazil before it was taken down from the marketplace.
Now that you guys seem to have a bit more control over it, could you make it available here too ? Pretty please ? :-(

Posted: 27 February 2012 06:18 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Double Fine
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2011-10-19

It’s actually news to us that it’s available again in the US! That means MS did some magic on their end. We’ll inquire about other territories and get back to you.

Posted: 28 February 2012 01:40 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Forum Master
Total Posts:  94
Joined  2011-12-18

When Psychonaughts first came out I didn’t have an Xbox. When I got an Xbox I didn’t have enough money. When I got enough money I couldn’t find it. I heard it was on XBL but I didn’t have an XBL account nor an Xbox360 that could connect to the internet. When I got the internet on my 360 and an account I ran out of money to but it. When I got enough money to get it the longed for game was gone. Now that it is supposedly back I am broke again.

Basically Fate hates me and doesn’t want me to play this game.

Signature 

“The message of the broadcast is to love and tolerate. And also that friendship is magic!”

Posted: 28 February 2012 07:32 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Double Action Newbie
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2012-02-27

I was super psyched when I found it last Friday and downloaded it immediately. However, every time I try to play it I get the error message, “The game couldn’t start. Try downloading the game again.” Which I have done multiple times. Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted: 28 February 2012 08:24 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2010-07-31
DFNathan - 27 February 2012 06:18 PM

It’s actually news to us that it’s available again in the US! That means MS did some magic on their end. We’ll inquire about other territories and get back to you.

I checked the store last night when I got home. It’s not there.

Not sure why I checked. I already own it there. I guess I just like being involved.

God, I’m pathetic.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 28 February 2012 10:26 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Double Action Newbie
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2012-02-27
OANST - 28 February 2012 08:24 AM

Not sure why I checked. I already own it there. I guess I just like being involved.

God, I’m pathetic.

Hey OANST, I’m not sure where you were looking, but I actually stumbled upon it under games on demand under the “most popular” tab. When I tried searching for it alphabetically it did not appear, perhaps that’s why I can’t get it to launch.

Edit: I found it, do a search under “F” for “Full Game- Psychonauts”

Posted: 28 February 2012 10:56 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Joined  2010-07-31
DrFlapjack - 28 February 2012 10:26 AM
OANST - 28 February 2012 08:24 AM

God, I’m pathetic.

Hey OANST, I’m not sure where you were looking, but I actually stumbled upon it under games on demand under the “most popular” tab. When I tried searching for it alphabetically it did not appear, perhaps that’s why I can’t get it to launch.

Edit: I found it, do a search under “F” for “Full Game- Psychonauts”

Ah. I looked for it alphabetically. Looks like that would be the problem.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 28 February 2012 01:57 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  112
Joined  2012-02-14

This is good news.  I should grab it before it might mysteriously disappear again!

Signature 

http://raptr.com/badge/xepherys/fs_overall.png

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

2 of 4