Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
IRON BRIGADE PC live stream! 8/15/12 @ 4pm!
Posted: 10 August 2012 11:06 AM
  [ Ignore ]
Double Fine
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  361
Joined  2011-09-28

UPDATE: we’re having some technical problems and we’re going to delay it till 5pm!  We’re transferring over to another PC and we’ll get it rolling ASAP!  Sorry about the delay!  We’ll make sure to give away some extra codes.  :D!

Hey everyone!  It’s me again!  :D!

We’re effing excited about the PC launch of IRON BRIGADE!  The game will be going out on Steam on Monday, August 13th for $14.99.  Woo!

We’re going to live stream some Double Finers playing the game on http://www.twitch.tv/doublefine on Wednesday, August 15th at 4pm PST!

Chris Remo and I will be hosting the DOUBLE FINE ACTION STREAM while 4 key IRON BRIGADE team members work their way through the game.  We’ll give some commentary on the gameplay, talk about the game’s development history, and probably host some surprise guests!  Plus we’ll give away some free codes for the game!

But!  The most important part of the stream will be answering questions from YOU GUYS.  If you have a burning IRON BRIGADE-related question that you’ve always wanted to ask then NOW IS THE TIME.  We’ll be taking questions from the live chat stream as well as questions from this thread!

Hopefully you can tune into the stream and hang out with us - I’ll post a link here once it’s available!  And thanks again for your support!

Love,
Brad!

Posted: 10 August 2012 11:33 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-27

I have been wanting to play this game for quite sometime. I think I’ll be getting this game so that I can play something other than Starcraft 2 and random adventure games. Also gotta love that Mr. Muir :D

Posted: 10 August 2012 11:34 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Deity of the Forum
Total Posts:  874
Joined  2009-11-01

You know what Brad?! I’ll be there! smile

Signature 

Posted: 10 August 2012 12:01 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  1401
Joined  2012-03-12

I’ll definitely be there!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Sam & Max 105: Reality 2.0
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 10 August 2012 02:49 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Forum Commander
Total Posts:  176
Joined  2012-03-12
DF Brad - 10 August 2012 11:06 AM

... and probably host some surprise guests! 

Surprise guests?  I can hardly wait!  Did you bribe Redphienix with a press hat to fly out there and appear on the show?

Signature 

solo 100 hospital / 100 swamp / 100 settlement
Settlement Survival 100% Base Health (August 2012)
Swamp Survival 100% Base Health (January 2014)
Wave 100 Hospital Survival Rippers Only

Magenta (cause I’m a girl)

Posted: 10 August 2012 04:10 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  97
Joined  2012-01-01

I don’t think any questions I have could possibly ever top the famous “Drenched” one, but I’ll be there! :D!

Posted: 10 August 2012 05:47 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Supreme Deity of the Forum
Total Posts:  2871
Joined  2008-07-29

I don’t know if I can cause I’ll probably be playing IB while it’s on.

Signature 

Street passin brah

Posted: 11 August 2012 01:22 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Double Action Newbie
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2010-12-21

Will a video of the stream be available after you’ve finished it? I probably won’t be able to watch it live, but I’m really interested in seeing it.

Posted: 11 August 2012 05:41 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Noble Psychomaster
Total Posts:  148
Joined  2012-03-16

I’m gonna be busy playing Iron Brigade. ON PC!!! WITH MY MOUSE!!! AND KEYBOARD!!!

Iron Brigade,cause Steel Battalion sucks.

Posted: 11 August 2012 07:38 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
I Post Because I Am Awesome
Total Posts:  782
Joined  2010-07-31

There’s a very good chance that I’m going to go ahead, and bite the uncomfortable bullet of playing games on the pc so that I can start playing IB again. I love this game too damn much to stay away.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 11 August 2012 10:39 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Joined  2012-03-12
OANST - 11 August 2012 07:38 AM

There’s a very good chance that I’m going to go ahead, and bite the uncomfortable bullet of playing games on the pc so that I can start playing IB again. I love this game too damn much to stay away.

A comfy chair makes all the difference in the world for gaming on a PC. I used to use a very uncomfortable cheap chair for my PC a few years ago (I still have it, and it’s nicknamed “The Throne of Woe”), and my back would hurt so bad after spending a while on my computer. My current chair is one of those standard executive-style chairs with the tall back and armrests (armrests are also very nice to have, so you don’t have to suspend your arms in the air all the time when using the keyboard and mouse), but I’ve lined the back with pillows. It looks silly, but I don’t care.

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.

Posted: 11 August 2012 12:12 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
I Post Because I Am Awesome
Total Posts:  782
Joined  2010-07-31

My posture is just so many different kinds of ass that I find it very difficult to play games on a computer. But yeah, a better chair could help.

Also, playing with a keyboard is just completely unintuitive (not really a word) for me. I grew up with consoles, and never even owned a computer until I was about 23.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 11 August 2012 12:32 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Joined  2012-03-12
OANST - 11 August 2012 12:12 PM

Also, playing with a keyboard is just completely unintuitive (not really a word) for me. I grew up with consoles, and never even owned a computer until I was about 23.

I didn’t have my own computer until my late teens. I grew up as a console gamer, but made the full switch to PC gaming around the time the latest generation of consoles were coming out. It took me a while to adjust to keyboard controls. I remember being horrible at Half-Life because I found the controls to be awkward, having grown up using controllers. Now, save for a few genres like platformers or racing games, I prefer keyboard and mouse controls.

Iron Brigade will support 360 controllers, though. You could always just plug one of those up, and it’d almost be like playing it on an Xbox.

Signature 

Posted: 11 August 2012 01:44 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-23

Oh I have a question for you Brad: Why can’t I pre-order the game right now, huh ? WHY ?

In all seriousness, looking forward to that ! Will you be playing with fans over the internet ? Iron Brigade IS a game about love after all…

Posted: 11 August 2012 02:38 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Five Sexy Robots
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2011-12-28

pre-order lol

Signature 

Master tube destroyer

Posted: 11 August 2012 05:14 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  941
Joined  2012-04-06
AlfredJ - 11 August 2012 01:22 AM

Will a video of the stream be available after you’ve finished it? I probably won’t be able to watch it live, but I’m really interested in seeing it.

Yep! Twitch.tv automatically archives streams.

JamesJeux007 - 11 August 2012 01:44 PM

Oh I have a question for you Brad: Why can’t I pre-order the game right now, huh ? WHY ?

In all seriousness, looking forward to that ! Will you be playing with fans over the internet ? Iron Brigade IS a game about love after all…

For this stream it’ll all be DF folks on the stream—we’ll have the Twitch.tv guys here in the office helping us get a good stream setup going and it makes sense to have everyone in the same physical space on the same network for this purpose. But in the future, who knows?

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2