Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
3 of 3
DF Game Club: The Secret of Monkey Island!
Posted: 15 September 2012 02:48 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1131
Joined  2012-03-13

A little later than an hour, but it’s all good ^_^

Here’s the next Game Club thread. We’ll be releasing The Journey Down keys in there over the next week :D

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 15 September 2012 10:40 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Oh, and here are two articles from Ron’s blog that talk about Monkey Island related stuff which I’d meant to bring up earlier. I found them fascinating when I first came across them.

Why Adventure Games Suck - A copy of an essay Ron wrote in 1989 looking at what he considered to be the genre’s shortcomings and some suggestions for overcoming them.
Stuff and Things and Monkey Island - Some reflections from Ron on Monkey Island after playing through for the first time in 15 years in preparation for designing DeathSpank.

Something we started to discuss today was what makes Monkey Island so timeless. I’d be keen to hear more opinions on that if anybody has any thoughts to share.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 28 April 2013 12:14 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

A small bump for anybody who’s subscribed here and would like to join us to chat and play through Monkey Island 2. We’ll have Ron Gilbert joining us as well smile

Signature 

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

3 of 3