Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
2 of 3
DF Game Club: Sam & Max Hit The Road
Posted: 05 November 2012 11:05 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Forum Commander
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  179
Joined  2012-10-13

Haven’t had the time to look at it yet. I’ll try and do it tonight and see if I understand how it works. smile
If I understand how it works I could stream the next game. Have you decided which one yet?

Signature 

Carefully selected downloadable DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 06 November 2012 01:13 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  1206
Joined  2012-03-13
Fireflower - 05 November 2012 11:05 AM

Haven’t had the time to look at it yet. I’ll try and do it tonight and see if I understand how it works. smile
If I understand how it works I could stream the next game. Have you decided which one yet?

Awesome smile

We were hoping to do The Last Express at some stage, but if there’s an adventure game you’re particularly keen on that we haven’t played yet, then whatever suits you is fine with me (anybody else got anything to add?)

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 06 November 2012 12:56 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Forum Commander
Joined  2012-10-13

I actually only own one adventure game (Resonance). But I’m up for anything as long as it’s good and not too expensive. smile

We should have a list of games to pick from, I know you talked about one earlier.

Gonna try some streaming tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes.

Signature 

Carefully selected downloadable DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 06 November 2012 02:30 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
Fireflower - 06 November 2012 12:56 PM

I actually only own one adventure game (Resonance). But I’m up for anything as long as it’s good and not too expensive. smile

We should have a list of games to pick from, I know you talked about one earlier.

Gonna try some streaming tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes.

Yeah, there are a couple of threads (most recent one, older one.

Resonance would be cool if you’re up for that.

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 07 November 2012 09:01 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Forum Commander
Joined  2012-10-13

Ah, those threads are only for backers, so I can’t get in. :(

I’m not done with Resonance actually. Not sure I liked it that much either. But if you want we could play it.

Signature 

Posted: 07 November 2012 01:47 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
Fireflower - 07 November 2012 09:01 AM

Ah, those threads are only for backers, so I can’t get in. :(

I’m not done with Resonance actually. Not sure I liked it that much either. But if you want we could play it.

You can still become a late backer for $15 before they bump up the price if you’re keen (if not, then no worries)^_^

Botanicula also ranked fairly highly if you’re interested in that.

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 05:06 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Forum Commander
Joined  2012-10-13

I would love to back DF but I’m about to start a company so I’m trying to hold on to my money at the moment. smile

Sure, we could play Botanicula. Could also play Deponia, A New Beginning or Gemini Rue. I haven’t played any of them yet though…

Signature 

Posted: 09 November 2012 06:22 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
Fireflower - 09 November 2012 05:06 PM

I would love to back DF but I’m about to start a company so I’m trying to hold on to my money at the moment. smile

Sure, we could play Botanicula. Could also play Deponia, A New Beginning or Gemini Rue. I haven’t played any of them yet though…

We played Gemini Rue a few months back, but we haven’t yet done any of the others, so whichever of those you prefer is fine with us smile

I find it easier to stream stuff I’ve already played - it can be a bit awkward to get stuck and not know what you’re doing whilst playing for others to watch.

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 12:32 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2012-03-12
Fireflower - 09 November 2012 05:06 PM

Botanicula might be a good pick, since you haven’t played any of them. It’s pretty straight forward and not a very long game. It wouldn’t take too long to zip through it once so you’d know what you’re doing when it’s time to stream.

Up to you in the end, though. Stream whatever you’d feel most comfortable streaming.

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Papo & Yo
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 10 November 2012 06:05 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Oh, one thing we will have to decide on is whether we’ll be moving back to our normal time (two hours earlier than the Sam & Max streams have been), or whether we should be looking at adopting this new timeslot as a longer term thing.

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:25 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Forum Commander
Joined  2012-10-13

Botanicula might be a good choice then. I’ll try and play through it in the next few days. Will teststream soon too…

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 07:25 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Forum Commander
Joined  2012-10-13
Cheeseness - 10 November 2012 06:05 AM

Oh, one thing we will have to decide on is whether we’ll be moving back to our normal time (two hours earlier than the Sam & Max streams have been), or whether we should be looking at adopting this new timeslot as a longer term thing.

I’m fine with the new time.

Signature 

Posted: 10 November 2012 01:58 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Total Posts:  1443
Joined  2012-03-12

The finale of Sam & Max Hit the Road will be starting in a few minutes. Come join us!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Papo & Yo
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 10 November 2012 09:15 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Okeydokey, the first post has been updated with stream archives and chat logs for the past two sessions (sorry for the delay with those)! Thanks to everybody who tuned in, and thanks once again to Syd for streaming for us :D

As discussed, we’ll be making a start on Botanicula next week!

Keeping the discussion rolling here, it’s fascinating to see the way that the characters have evolved over time. It’s been a while since I’ve played Hit The Road, and the feel/style of Telltale’s games is fairly distinct. In some respects, they capture more of the characters from the comics, but there’s something special about their portayal in Hit The Road that I’ll always love.

Between the comics, the TV show, the LucasArts game, and the Telltale games, Sam & Max have had a lot of iterations. Who has a favourite?

Also, how hilarious is the VR sequence in Hit The Road? It makes me laugh every time :D

Signature 

Posted: 11 January 2013 06:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-12-08

I really wish they would release Sam and Max: Hit the Road on Good Old Games.

I’m sure it would sell quite well.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

2 of 3