Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

What you think of my own adventure game?
Posted: 28 November 2012 12:39 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Action Newbie
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2009-02-16

Hi doublefiners!

Recently my small video game studio started its own campaign in Kickstarter (we love KS, we’ve been backing lots of games recently!) to fund our next project.

Guess what? It’s an adventure game!

You can play a small teaser online here: TheLastDoor.Com It requires registration by email, but we won’t abuse your inbox, I promise that.

I’d really like you guys check it out and leave me some comments, what did you think of it?

And of course if you happen to love the idea, please back the project so we can make it a reallity.

Btw, If you see the Kicstarter pitch video, i’m the guy in the DFA t-shirt wink

Posted: 28 November 2012 03:35 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Noble Psychomaster
Total Posts:  145
Joined  2012-02-28

It certainly looks interesting.

One thing that concerns me, and is actually stopping me from backing, is the pixel art.

Not that there’s anything wrong with it, just how do you convey horror with pixel art? Are you going to be seeing the fear in the characters’ eyes? Are their movements going to remind you that it is a video game?

I’m not trying to be critical, I want to back this game, but those thoughts are lingering.

A few more details on the lead character wouldn’t go amiss either.

But apart from that, congratulations on getting your project off the ground.

Signature 

Hey Kids, always recycle - TO THE EXTREME!

Posted: 28 November 2012 05:15 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  398
Joined  2012-01-09

Hel Nolver!

Just so you know we don’t really want people creating entirely new threads to promote your own stuff, since it triggers my “SMASH PUNY SPAMBOT” mental triggers. I’m going to lock this thread, and please only post in http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/6834/ for this kind of thing.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!