Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
Now available in Canada
Posted: 03 December 2012 05:42 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Action Forum Master
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2012-06-09

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/middle-manager-of-justice/id536013980?mt=8

Hopefully it’s out everywhere else this week.

For those who are outside of Cananda, and you were able to get it early back in September, the new version should be in your purchase history.

[ Edited: 04 December 2012 05:22 PM by DF Justin ]

Posted: 04 December 2012 08:57 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
I Post Because I Am Awesome
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2010-07-31

Sounds great! I wasn’t expecting any news on this until Amnesia Fortnight was over.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:06 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Double Fine
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2012-08-28

Yep!  The game is indeed out in the Great White North!!!  Soon after world-wide!  Thanks for your patience everyone!!!

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:13 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Ronnie James Dio
Total Posts:  9871
Joined  2009-06-04

And then you start working on the Android version, right? Right? I will give you soooo much money for it.

Posted: 04 December 2012 03:57 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Five Sexy Robots
Total Posts:  360
Joined  2008-10-01

I just downloaded it for my iPad 3, and I’m enjoying it so far.  It’s definitely a game that you have to put down for a while, as it can get monotonous, but it’s good in short bursts.  And it’s a lot less monotonous than anything by Zynga!  It’s nice to see a free-to-play game that isn’t begging you to spend money or bug your friends every few minutes. smile

Plus Double Fine’s trademark humor is here in full force, and you can’t beat that (especially not at the low, low, price of nothing). :D

Signature 

Contribute to the Doug The Ogre Collaborative Comic!

My webcomic | My Blog

Posted: 04 December 2012 04:11 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Supreme Deity of the Forum
Total Posts:  2837
Joined  2008-07-29
DF Kee - 04 December 2012 10:06 AM

Yep!  The game is indeed out in the Great White North!!!  Soon after world-wide!  Thanks for your patience everyone!!!

HOW SOON!? My ibody is ready for this game.

Signature 

Street passin brah

Posted: 04 December 2012 04:43 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Tim Schafer's Secret Lover
Total Posts:  12473
Joined  2010-06-14

FINALLY PAPA HOT GETS SOMETHING BEFORE THOSE STINKY AMERICANS. TODAY IS GOOD DAY.

Posted: 04 December 2012 05:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
Leroy Octopus - 04 December 2012 11:13 AM

And then you start working on the Android version, right? Right? I will give you soooo much money for it.

Ooooh, like me, Personally?  Excellent!  You can make the deposit to…errr I mean…

We need to keep an eye on the iOS release and do some content updates, while looking at the work for the Android release.

Posted: 04 December 2012 05:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
Jenni - 04 December 2012 03:57 PM

I just downloaded it for my iPad 3, and I’m enjoying it so far.  It’s definitely a game that you have to put down for a while, as it can get monotonous, but it’s good in short bursts.  And it’s a lot less monotonous than anything by Zynga!  It’s nice to see a free-to-play game that isn’t begging you to spend money or bug your friends every few minutes. smile

Plus Double Fine’s trademark humor is here in full force, and you can’t beat that (especially not at the low, low, price of nothing). :D

Thanks for playing!!! (and enjoying)

Posted: 04 December 2012 06:00 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
Dr.ROBOTUSSIN - 04 December 2012 04:11 PM

Can’t say for certain.  Depends on how things are going in Canada!  HOPEFULLY it will be in uh…your ibody mid December….um…yeah.

Posted: 04 December 2012 08:23 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-09-05

I come across a bug I think in the game or it may not be one.  Finishing one of the early missions I kept getting multiple awards for it I kept pressing the collect and it bring up another one and another.  Left with enough stuff and atoms to buy another super hero pack.

Hellscaretaker
Uk player (yes I’m using official release)

Posted: 04 December 2012 09:23 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Supreme Deity of the Forum
Total Posts:  2837
Joined  2008-07-29
DF Kee - 04 December 2012 06:00 PM
Dr.ROBOTUSSIN - 04 December 2012 04:11 PM

Can’t say for certain.  Depends on how things are going in Canada!  HOPEFULLY it will be in uh…your ibody mid December….um…yeah.

I will be iwaiting for it ithen.

Signature 

Street passin brah

Posted: 04 December 2012 10:30 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
hellscaretaker - 04 December 2012 08:23 PM

I come across a bug I think in the game or it may not be one.  Finishing one of the early missions I kept getting multiple awards for it I kept pressing the collect and it bring up another one and another.  Left with enough stuff and atoms to buy another super hero pack.

Hellscaretaker

Whoa!  Was this in the success screen?  It kept on continually giving you Superium?

Posted: 05 December 2012 12:54 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Joined  2012-09-05
DF Kee - 04 December 2012 10:30 PM
hellscaretaker - 04 December 2012 08:23 PM

Hellscaretaker

Whoa!  Was this in the success screen?  It kept on continually giving you Superium?

Yes that’s correct I press collect this item and it give me another award and another giving me loads of snacks and superium when it finally cleared

Posted: 05 December 2012 03:31 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Joined  2012-09-05

It’s happen to me again, now I’m ready for it this is what happen.

So far this bug has appeared on two different missions the latest one was have your heroes work out 5 times.

I clicked the tick box and my reward comes up, tap that new reward comes up, tap that and yet another new reward comes up and this will go and on until I tap anywhere on the screen and it will clear both the quest from the list and the reward.  I then checked my inv and indeed the game give me all the rewards I kept clicking on.

Posted: 07 December 2012 12:13 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-03-24

Sometimes it’s wonderful to live up here in Canada. I’ve plugged about three hours into Middle Manager so far, and I’m having a whole lot of fun with it. There’s something about that very simple loop of keeping the town clear and leveling your heros in order to upgrade your base which is really addictive. I can see myself coming back to this for a long while. It helps that the visual style is really clean and distinct, and that the music, while limited, is really catchy. It’s also really quite funny.

The thing I’m the most happy with is that for a free-to-play game, you don’t ever seem to need to spend real money in game to progress. Up to where I am, it seems like grinding for that new upgrade or level doesn’t take that long. Additionally, the timers for all of the actions in game are pretty short, so even though there is an option to spend a little to skip it, I always have enough to do at any given time that I never feel like I’m just waiting to progress.

TBH, I would have been happy with this game (or a slightly tweaked version) at a regular up-front price. Hopefully the Double Fine guys make money using the free-to-play model though.

Posted: 07 December 2012 02:15 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
Abroxus - 07 December 2012 12:13 AM

Sometimes it’s wonderful to live up here in Canada. I’ve plugged about three hours into Middle Manager so far, and I’m having a whole lot of fun with it. There’s something about that very simple loop of keeping the town clear and leveling your heros in order to upgrade your base which is really addictive. I can see myself coming back to this for a long while. It helps that the visual style is really clean and distinct, and that the music, while limited, is really catchy. It’s also really quite funny.

The thing I’m the most happy with is that for a free-to-play game, you don’t ever seem to need to spend real money in game to progress. Up to where I am, it seems like grinding for that new upgrade or level doesn’t take that long. Additionally, the timers for all of the actions in game are pretty short, so even though there is an option to spend a little to skip it, I always have enough to do at any given time that I never feel like I’m just waiting to progress.

TBH, I would have been happy with this game (or a slightly tweaked version) at a regular up-front price. Hopefully the Double Fine guys make money using the free-to-play model though.

Yay!  Thanks for playing!  I’m glad that the notion of the game being fun for free as well as pay players is working!!!

Posted: 08 December 2012 07:44 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-04-25

There are perks to living north beyond the wall! I admit I’m rather excited to be one of the first to play Middle Manager of Justice :)

I work for a mobile games studio in Toronto, and we often release our games first in Canada before releasing them worldwide, mostly to fish for game-ruining bugs but also to see what the fans think and if there’s anything we need to improve before releasing internationally.

Is this the same reason you guys chose to release in Canada first? Is it helpful for us Canadians to offer you critiques and feedback as well as send bug reports?

Cheers!

Posted: 09 December 2012 09:57 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
gabdar - 08 December 2012 07:44 AM

There are perks to living north beyond the wall! I admit I’m rather excited to be one of the first to play Middle Manager of Justice smile

I work for a mobile games studio in Toronto, and we often release our games first in Canada before releasing them worldwide, mostly to fish for game-ruining bugs but also to see what the fans think and if there’s anything we need to improve before releasing internationally.

Is this the same reason you guys chose to release in Canada first? Is it helpful for us Canadians to offer you critiques and feedback as well as send bug reports?

Cheers!

It’s helpful for everyone to offer critiques and feedback!  Since this was our first foray into mobile, we read from various sources that going to Canada first helps.  I did do the accidental world wide launch back in September, so that was definitely a bit of a rude awakening!

Posted: 10 December 2012 11:34 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Joined  2010-07-31

America. Now. NOW.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:13 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
OANST - 10 December 2012 11:34 AM

America. Now. NOW.

American Soon..seriously… VERY soon.

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:18 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Joined  2010-07-31

I’m pointing my finger at you, and it’s all ready to waggle. Do not force me to waggle my finger, sir.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:24 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2010-06-14

i think you should set back the american release by a week just to punish oanst for his pushiness

also because i like having canadian exclusives

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:38 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Joined  2010-07-31
hot - 10 December 2012 02:24 PM

i think you should set back the american release by a week just to punish oanst for his pushiness

also because i like having canadian exclusives

You’re not a good person.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 10 December 2012 02:47 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2010-06-14

CANADA CANADA CANADA

Posted: 12 December 2012 08:27 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-12
DF Kee - 10 December 2012 02:13 PM
OANST - 10 December 2012 11:34 AM

America. Now. NOW.

American Soon..seriously… VERY soon.

I’m not sure why the release date is being kept secret. It seems kind of stupid to withhold that information.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2

‹‹ Am I missing out?      Gameplay Feedback ››