Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

Soul hunters (the book)- becoming the animal vs staying human
Posted: 04 December 2012 03:41 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-03-23

When I saw the presentation of this game I immediately thought of an Anthropological book called Soul Hunters by Rane Willerslev. It describes the Yukaghirs of Siberia and how they hunt. They become lovers of the animal spirit and often meet the animal in a dream to gain trust. Then they disguise them selves as animals to come close during the hunt.
There are stories about humans that become to much animal and either die or disappear in to the animal realm. And also stories about humans getting lost in the forest and finding a village they did not know about, suddenly noticing animals live like humans there.

Posted: 05 December 2012 02:10 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Double Fine
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  96
Joined  2012-03-23
Omsuz - 04 December 2012 03:41 PM

When I saw the presentation of this game I immediately thought of an Anthropological book called Soul Hunters by Rane Willerslev. It describes the Yukaghirs of Siberia and how they hunt. They become lovers of the animal spirit and often meet the animal in a dream to gain trust. Then they disguise them selves as animals to come close during the hunt.
There are stories about humans that become to much animal and either die or disappear in to the animal realm. And also stories about humans getting lost in the forest and finding a village they did not know about, suddenly noticing animals live like humans there.

That sounds amazing. I have story points in the general realm of some of this stuff!

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!