Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

The Environment Day 5
Posted: 04 December 2012 09:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Psychomaster
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2012-03-23

Got a lot done today, from 4pm onwards.  Not sure why that is but it seems like when I’m in pre-pro (which this whole 2 weeks basically is), I freak out basically for the first half of the day, and then I’m smooth sailing in the late afternoon.  I set a pretty hard deadline for me to leave at 8 tho so that doesn’t actually leave too much time to do stuff!!! 

Anyway, actually got a lot done today, despite the continual freak out.  I think part of the reason why I was frekaing out was because traversal wasn’t truly in until today, Ben Peck rules.  He seriously does.  Platforming stuff is hard to implement but i dont’t know what kind of magic he pulls but now the girl can actually climb from the outside, onto the Ivy, through the hole, and gets dropped inside, NO FAKERY! 

Trying out a bluer climate for the outside, which is more in line with what Andy has in mind.  A good thing about doing a daily post is, I actually have completely forgotten what the tower looked like yesterday, I just remember it looking too muddy and I didnt’ like it, but now looking at yesterday’s screenshot, it actually isn’t that bad.  Just a different vibe.  Will have to consult Andy to see which one he actually prefers.

Also decided to finish up the broken up stonework for a hole outside.  Pretty happy with it for like, an hour’s work or something.  Good enough to move on to other stuff and if I have time I’ll come back to them.

Now that traversal is in, I can put a few fake blocks there and she can actually climb onto them. Very exciting.  Andy is doing some block work to figure out the actual pathing tho, we’ll try to actually implement it tomorrow with some proper camera volumes.  For now, I mocked in a closer feel of what the tower might be…  A very optimistic look right now, maybe nearer the top?  Andy might want it to start a bit more somber, but alas, these are good bookmarks.  Oh, and started doing real geometry for the inside of the tower… now that Derek gave me a sketch.

[ Edited: 05 December 2012 03:49 PM by DF Greg ]
Image Attachments
Day5_Exterior.jpg Day5_Climb.jpg Day5_Interior.jpg
 Signature 

I was DF Jane, now I’m @thatJaneNg!

Posted: 04 December 2012 11:02 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-11-20

This looks incredible, the amount of progress you guys do in such a short amount of time is awe inspiring

Posted: 05 December 2012 12:12 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Five Sexy Robots
Total Posts:  364
Joined  2012-05-19

Wow, just wow.

Those textures and lighting are making that look boss!

Posted: 05 December 2012 12:14 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Psychomaster
Total Posts:  136
Joined  2012-02-25

that is one sexy tower

Signature 

Posted: 05 December 2012 04:08 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Unholy Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  231
Joined  2012-04-11

come back on the livestream tomorrow XD

Posted: 06 December 2012 07:34 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2012-11-13

So proud to see Ben Burbank’s name on this thread. You go do that thing, whatever that thing is that you’re doing.

Posted: 07 December 2012 03:04 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Psychomaster
Total Posts:  135
Joined  2012-03-23

I really love that starting area, it’s quite beautiful.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!