Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 5
DF Game Club: Ben There, Dan That
Posted: 09 December 2012 12:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1266
Joined  2012-03-13

G’day everybody

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Starting Saturday 15th December, we’ll be playing through Ben There, Dan That and discussing what we do and don’t like both here in this thread, and in the #DFAdventure IRC channel on Foonetic.net (if you’re not sure, just click this link to access webchat from our stream page). The game club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Syd will be streaming the game at the later time of Saturday 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone), that’s 1:00PM PST. If anybody is interested in assisting with streaming, please let us know!

Previous game: Trauma

15th Dececmber, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): Start of game (Stream 1) and general discussion/dev chat (log)
22nd Dececmber, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): End of game (Stream 2) and general discussion (log)

Next game: Sissy’s Magical Ponycorn Adventure

———————————————————————————————————

ABOUT THE GAME

cxT1X.png

Synopsis:
Whilst attempting to rig a makeshift television antenna made out of a coathanger to watch a Magnum, P.I. marathon, Ben and Dan find themselves transported aboard an alien spacecraft, but all is not as it seems…

Where to get online:
Official Ben There, Dan That Webpage (Windows - pay what you want)
Steam (Windows - Bundled with Time, Gentlemen, Please!)
Desura (Windows - Bundled with Time, Gentlemen, Please!)

———————————————————————————————————

The chat can be found here:
IRC Server:  irc.foonetic.net
Channel: #DFAdventure

Or click this link to chat in your web browser!

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 10 December 2012 12:24 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

We’ve been in touch with Dan Marshall (co-developer of Ben There, Dan That, along with Ben Ward), who says that unfortunately he will be unlikely to make it to this week’s session, but has generously offered to give away some Steam keys to coincide with Game Club.

We’ll have details soon, but in the meantime, feel free to follow @danthat on Twitter smile

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 10 December 2012 04:42 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-03-26

Hello! Really sorry I can’t make it for the actual thing. Hoping to sneak away early so I can join in!

However: I’m keen to make sure anyone who wants to join in can do so. I’m arranging for plenty of free Steam keys for Ben There, Dan That! and the (much better) sequel Time Gentlemen, Please! to make that happen. Cheeseness will be in charge of distributing them. Hopefully he has a plan. wink

All the best,

@danthat

Signature 

twitter.com/danthat

Posted: 10 December 2012 06:52 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  108
Joined  2012-11-27

... I am looking right now at all the people, who have not already bought these two games. Yes. I am looking at YOU, Ladies & Gentlemen. Judgingly.

smile

Signature 

“Ok. Let’s go, do that.” @DerekLBrand Feb 28 #AmnesiaFortnight 2014. #BestGameDevQuotes

Posted: 10 December 2012 07:48 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-03-26

Well quite! Any self-respecting point and click enthusiast should have several copies by now!

But it’d be a shame if people missed out because they can’t afford the games. So I’ll do what I can to make sure that doesn’t happen smile

Signature 

twitter.com/danthat

Posted: 10 December 2012 01:15 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Sadly, I picked up the games some time ago, so I have no nefarious purposes of my own to use them for. Cheeseness has a plan though. It will be awesome.

Here’s how it’s going to go down:

Anybody who would like a Steam key for both Ben There, Dan That, and its sequel Time Gentlemen, Please! should PM myself or Syd. We’ll give you three keys (one for yourself and two to share with friends - don’t forget to remind them about Game Club!)

Edit: The giveaway is over! Thanks to everybody for their responses and thanks to Dan for providing keys!

We’ve got a lot of keys to get through, and we’ll need everybody’s help to make it happen!

For anybody not running Windows, BTDT runs fine in Wine.

Signature 

Posted: 10 December 2012 01:23 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Total Posts:  1449
Joined  2012-03-12

That’s right, folks! 3 keys per person, for the low, low cost of however long it takes you to write a PM! Come get ‘em while they still have that fresh “new key” smell!

Edit: I’m out of keys, please don’t send me any more PMs.

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Jazzpunk
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 10 December 2012 10:52 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Wow, I’ve never given away so many keys in my life (except that one time when I knocked over a key cutting kiosk once)!

I’m starting to run out, but Fireflower and Syd still have plenty of keys - don’t forget to give them some love too.

Edit: I feel I should point out for anybody who already has the games, or has grabbed some keys but still wants to give money to Dan and his cohort Ben, that they have a “donate” page on their site that you can make use of: http://www.sizefivegames.com/donate/

Another edit: I’ve been in touch with Ben Ward, who says he’d like to join us for this weekend’s session! Woo!

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 01:32 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2012-08-04
Cheeseness - 10 December 2012 10:52 PM

I’ve been in touch with Ben Ward, who says he’d like to join us for this weekend’s session! Woo!

Yay!  I love it when developers join in ^_^

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:34 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Also, I’ve hit the daily limit for PMs and need to wait 24 hours before I can send more. That’s OK because I’ve run out of keys. Syd and Fireflower still have some though, so shoot them a PM :D

If you’ve shot me a PM, don’t worry. I’m passing everybody’s details on smile

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 04:48 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-12-11

Hi, could you give me the key for Dan That/Time Gentlemen?

Posted: 11 December 2012 05:01 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2012-12-11
Cheeseness - 11 December 2012 04:34 AM

Also, I’ve hit the daily limit for PMs and need to wait 24 hours before I can send more. That’s OK because I’ve run out of keys. Syd and Fireflower still have some though, so shoot them a PM :D

If you’ve shot me a PM, don’t worry. I’m passing everybody’s details on smile

Hello) Give me to PM keys for Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Please!

Posted: 11 December 2012 06:02 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

PMs are still coming in. There are a number which seem to be from the same person but from different accounts. Please only take what you need ^_^

Signature 

Posted: 11 December 2012 09:08 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  182
Joined  2012-10-13

Ok, gonna start handing out some freshly baked keys now. smile Thanks Dan!

Signature 

Carefully selected downloadable DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:02 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2012-12-11

=( sorry you think so

Posted: 11 December 2012 10:36 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Joined  2012-12-11

thanks for that ( dont have a keys but i like all of your games )

Signature 

c is for cookie!
thats good enough for me

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 5