Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

Princess Chambers Secret
Posted: 15 December 2012 08:25 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Jr. Action Poster
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2012-02-13

I edited \Win\Munged\Rooms\Overworld\Castle.lua around line 5022 to remove all the bad exits except for the one to the princess chambers.  Then went around the side of the castle to get to it.  When in the chambers, I looked at the Bieber poster which gave me an item #6 book with a code in it.  Anybody know how to decrypt this code, or what to do with it?

Signature 

DFA Backer!

Posted: 15 December 2012 08:42 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Super Action Fan
Total Posts:  53
Joined  2012-12-11

See the thread on “hiddenjournal.txt”.

Short answer: Yes, but we’ll only give you hints.

BTW: you don’t have to edit away the bad exits, just move carefully.

Posted: 16 December 2012 06:44 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Jr. Action Poster
Total Posts:  31
Joined  2012-02-13

I did not realize they were related, thanks.

I assume I’m close I just need to figure out how to get it to decode text that I feed in to it.

Signature 

DFA Backer!

Posted: 12 January 2013 10:51 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-23

I am trying to access the Princess Chambers the same way. I avoided all the exits until I reached that little horizontal peninsula at the top, on which only one exit can be reached. That exit made the world collapse. I deleted all the consecutively listed exits in that area of the file, leaving in “To Prinnnnn-cs cmbr”, just to make bad exits easier to avoid. The same exit makes the world collapse.

Am I doing something wrong, or does this not work in the latest build? I’ve tried both the Steam and HB versions.

EDIT: I tried editing the destination for the Prison entrance to the Princess Chambers, and that crashed, too. Something wrong with the destination, I guess. I think someone said it is because the chambers themselves are encrypted?

[ Edited: 03 February 2013 12:41 PM by jtull89 ]

Posted: 12 January 2013 05:12 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-03-23

The files are indeed encrypted and you need to go through the game to get them decrypted.
Only afterwards can you use these shortcuts to go back to the room, after you already visited it before.

Posted: 03 February 2013 12:43 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-03-23

Huh, I seem to remember the game giving me the end-of-game teaser text when I entered the princess chamber and ending the game when I first went in.

Posted: 03 February 2013 03:37 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Super Action Beard
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2012-03-23

There is still another puzzle left at that point that is only available after the regular game ending. So despite the credits rolling its just AN ending, not THE end.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!