Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

so is this meant to be played co-op or what
Posted: 16 January 2013 09:46 AM
  [ Ignore ]
Tim Schafer's Secret Lover
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  12700
Joined  2010-06-14

sorry for not keeping up on the cave news, someone answer and i will adjust my excitement accordingly. i know it can be played singleplayer but is that the fun kind of singleplayer or the boring kind where you really should just play with others (like borderlands or dead island)

Posted: 16 January 2013 09:58 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Posts:  1449
Joined  2012-03-12

Judging by the kind of game it is (side-scrolling adventure game) and the comments Ron has made, it’ll play just fine in single player. The co-op (which is only local) is basically game-facilitated hotseat.

The co-op is something I personally don’t care much about. I’m buying it with full intention to play it alone from beginning to end.

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Jazzpunk
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 16 January 2013 10:34 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
That Kid in High School Whose Parents Were Out of Town a Lot
Total Posts:  85
Joined  2012-02-13

Yeah, everything I’ve read/heard/seen indicates the game can be played completely and thoroughly in both singleplayer and coop.

I’ll be playing singleplayer, primarily because I lack meatbag friends, secondarily because I prefer it.

Signature 

I’m just a Laughing Buddha, baby.

Posted: 19 January 2013 05:39 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-02-14
Marsbergen - 16 January 2013 10:34 AM

Yeah, everything I’ve read/heard/seen indicates the game can be played completely and thoroughly in both singleplayer and coop.

I’ll be playing singleplayer, primarily because I lack meatbag friends, secondarily because I prefer it.

Great, I was wondering if the game can be played on local co-op, because I tend to play some games with my GF. She is more the type for platformer and non-hectic gameplay. Double Fine again to the rescue, providing me with more fun :D!

Posted: 22 January 2013 12:48 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-02-19

I was a tad disappointed to find out that there was only local coop available. This seems like a game that would be fun to play over the internet too. Must be a technical decision to omit the online coop?

Posted: 23 January 2013 12:25 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-04-01

Quick question:  How many can play couch co-op….3 players or only 2?

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:49 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Double Fine
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2011-10-19
rane - 23 January 2013 12:25 AM

Quick question:  How many can play couch co-op….3 players or only 2?

You can play up to three players at a time on all versions (including PC/Mac/Linux), not just on consoles. The only restriction on PC is that we support up to three gamepads but not more than one mouse/keyboard combo.

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:53 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2012-04-01

Great! Thanks Nathan - i shall go to PSN, buy the game and invite 2 buddies over then…with pizza and heineken…good times wink

Posted: 23 January 2013 10:56 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Double Fine
Total Posts:  746
Joined  2011-10-19
rane - 23 January 2013 10:53 AM

Great! Thanks Nathan - i shall go to PSN, buy the game and invite 2 buddies over then…with pizza and heineken…good times wink

I think that is an excellent idea. We got pre-release codes about a week ago and so my wife and I invited a few friends over to drink and play The Cave with us. I think you’ll find it an enjoyable combo smile

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!