Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
DF Game Club: Time Gentlemen, Please!
Posted: 26 January 2013 02:29 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Administrator
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  1087
Joined  2012-03-13

DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: TIME GENTLEMEN, PLEASE!  (starting 2nd Feb)

The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.

Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!

Previous game: Police Quest 1
  Next Game: The Cave

gG7wSM7.png

» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «

GAME CLUB SESSIONS
  - 2nd February, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): First game session (Stream 1) plus general discussion and dev chat with Ben Ward and Dan Marshall (log)
  - 9th February, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): Second game session (Stream 2) and general discussion plus dev chat with Ben Ward (log)
  - 16th February, 9:00pm UTC (click for your timezone): Final game session (Stream 3) and general discussion plus dev chat with Ben Ward (log)

SPECIAL GUESTS
  - Dan Marshall (@DanThat)
  - Ben Ward (@TimeGentleman)

ABOUT THE GAME
  After thwarting the plans of their future selves and becoming leaders of the world, Ben and Dan discover whether or not there is such a thing as too much Magnum PI.

WHERE TO GET ONLINE
  - Official Time Gentlemen, Please! Webpage (Windows)
  - Steam (Windows - Bundled with Ben There, Dan That)
  - Desura (Windows - Bundled with Ben There, Dan That)

GAME CLUB INFO
  - Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
  - Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
  - @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
  - Game Club planning thread

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 27 January 2013 05:15 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-03-26

Hooray! I’m hoping to make it to all three sessions!

EDIT: as it got missed off the DFA updates page, the Ben There, Dan That! (which TGP is a sequel to) DF Game Club is here: http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8098

Signature 

Twitter || The Dan And Ben Adventures on Steam and GOG || adventure game with lead voice by me Unga Needs Mumba || my portfolio

Posted: 27 January 2013 05:18 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Woohoo!  :D

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

As a community moderator, I do not speak on behalf of Double Fine and my opinions are my own. All hail the Info Cow

Posted: 29 January 2013 01:16 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

I got an email from Dan this morning who says he’s not sure if he’ll be able to make it as well, but he’ll try to be around for the first and third sessions smile

Signature 

Posted: 31 January 2013 01:55 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Forum Commander
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2012-10-13
TimeGentleman - 27 January 2013 05:15 AM

Nice!

When is your new game coming out by the way?

Signature 

Carefully selected downloadable DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 31 January 2013 11:38 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

Just a quick reminder to anybody passing through that the Game Club survey will be closing tomorrow (got to give some of those late time zones a chance to catch up).

Looking forward to this weekend’s session!

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2013 12:12 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Sr. Action Poster
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-03-14
TimeGentleman - 27 January 2013 05:15 AM

Any chance of ever seeing your games on GOG?

I’m too corpulent to use another distro platform

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:40 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  115
Joined  2012-03-26

Fireflower: I’m not working on The Swindle (I’m not a permanent Size Fiver, I worked as a designer on the Dan and Ben games and Gibbage). I don’t think a release date has been announced, but you can keep an eye on twitter.com/danthat and the sizefivegames.com blog and forums for announcements!

Darkstorm: for the same reasons, I don’t have much to do with the distribution of the DnB games. Iirc, Dan has said he’d be interested if GOG approach him, so I guess people need to show GOG their interest!

Cheeseness: I just noticed that the last few Game Clubs haven’t gone up on the doublefine.com/dfa page. Did DnB jinx it?!

35 hours to go! Woo!

Signature 

Twitter || The Dan And Ben Adventures on Steam and GOG || adventure game with lead voice by me Unga Needs Mumba || my portfolio

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:44 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
TimeGentleman - 01 February 2013 03:40 AM

Cheeseness: I just noticed that the last few Game Clubs haven’t gone up on the doublefine.com/dfa page. Did DnB jinx it?!

Good question! I’m yet to hassle Greg and Chris about it, but if I were to attempt to put a rationale to it, I’d probably say it would be to do with Game Club not being backer exclusive any more (making its presence a little less legitimate). That said, I know the guys have been pretty busy and it may have just fallen by the wayside as The Cave, Amensia Fortnight and the DFA itself kicked into gear.

Signature 

Posted: 01 February 2013 10:18 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Forum Commander
Total Posts:  175
Joined  2012-10-13

Fireflower: I’m not working on The Swindle (I’m not a permanent Size Fiver, I worked as a designer on the Dan and Ben games and Gibbage). I don’t think a release date has been announced, but you can keep an eye on twitter.com/danthat and the sizefivegames.com blog and forums for announcements!

I see. I’ll keep my eyes open. smile

Signature 

Carefully selected downloadable DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 01 February 2013 12:04 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Sr. Action Poster
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2012-03-14

Darkstorm: for the same reasons, I don’t have much to do with the distribution of the DnB games. Iirc, Dan has said he’d be interested if GOG approach him, so I guess people need to show GOG their interest!

Great stuff, will do.

Posted: 01 February 2013 04:56 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-03-25

Those links lead to 2 February 2012.
I don’t have time tomorrow, but I surely will catch up later.

Posted: 01 February 2013 10:05 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13
somini - 01 February 2013 04:56 PM

Those links lead to 2 February 2012.
I don’t have time tomorrow, but I surely will catch up later.

Whoops! Well spotted. I’ve fixed that up ^_^

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 01:54 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Total Posts:  1436
Joined  2012-03-12

We’ll be going live soon! Come join us!

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Stacking (with special guest Lee Petty)
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

Posted: 02 February 2013 03:46 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-03-13

And we’re done! Another great session with Ben and Dan! Chat log and stream archive are up now in the first post smile

I particularly liked how Ben and Dan said they were becoming more like their future selves as they get closer to 2015. I wonder when Ben will lose his arm.

Signature 

Posted: 02 February 2013 04:43 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  1436
Joined  2012-03-12

Hitler in a mech and cloned Nazi dinosaurs! What’s not to like?

That gamebreaker was an amusing way to end the stream. I probably should have saved more often! Thankfully I can easily catch back up to that point.

Signature 

I am a volunteer community moderator and not an employee of Double Fine. My opinions are my own.
The Double Fine Game Club! Current game: Stacking (with special guest Lee Petty)
Unofficial DFA backer-exclusive Steam group! PM me or solidd for an invite.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2