Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
2 of 2
DF Game Club: Time Gentlemen, Please!
Posted: 03 February 2013 03:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Forum Commander
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2012-10-13

Thanks for streaming. Thought you would have learnt to save often in adventure games by now. wink

I gave out a discount code in the chat yesterday that will give 10% off for Game Club members on FireFlower Games, thought I should share it here too for those of you that missed it - FFGDFGC10

Signature 

Downloadable, DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 09 February 2013 09:17 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Forum Commander
Total Posts:  165
Joined  2012-10-13

I won’t be able to join you today, visiting my dad, but hope you’ll have fun. smile

Signature 

Downloadable, DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and Linux - http://www.fireflowergames.com/
Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Posted: 09 February 2013 01:30 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Psychomaster
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2007-10-18

Will try to join you fine gents at 9 (4 PM my time).

BTW Cheeseness I’m working on a mash-up of the MacGyver theme, the MI main theme, and a few phrases from Psychonauts. Will send it to you when complete - however, I am at my Dad’s so I don’t have access to the FruityLoops file ATM, and may not be back for a few days. Once I am back at home I’ll make its completion a priority.

Posted: 09 February 2013 01:51 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  984
Joined  2012-03-13

We’ll be going live in a few minutes. Join us! :D

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

Want to read about the 2013 Double Fine Down Under BBQ? (spoiler: it was fun) (thread)

Posted: 09 February 2013 04:53 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

And we’re done! Thanks so much to Ben for joining us. Chat log and stream archive are up in the first post.

Ben also mentioned a Rock Paper Shotgun article/interview which looks at an abandoned Time Gentlemen, Please! sequel (which isn’t to say that an altogether different sequel might not happen down the track).

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

Want to read about the 2013 Double Fine Down Under BBQ? (spoiler: it was fun) (thread)

Posted: 10 February 2013 05:32 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Psychomaster
Joined  2007-10-18

I think it would be rather cool to keep the entire chat, including sections where Dan and/or Ben weren’t always present. It’d be something I’d appreciate for my own sense of posterity. Plus I like re-reading random things I’ve posted in chat rooms.

Posted: 10 February 2013 07:06 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

Since the channel is around 24 hours a day, where do you define the boundaries of “the entire chat”? I normally post as much as is relevant to the session at hand (often starting at the same time as the stream, as everything before that is normally people asking when it’s going to start).

I was planning to post a bit more from this one, but Ben suggested it might need a bit of trimming, so I pulled it back to when the stream ended.

Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2013 11:09 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Beard Beard Action Beard
Total Posts:  68
Joined  2012-03-26

I just thought that for anyone wanting to read a transcript of discussion about the game, it did go off-topic for quite a while after the streaming had finished!

Oh, I re-read it, and wanted to clarify something I said: other future public servants were never implemented, they only made it to the design stage as funny characters to give the future a bit more bustle. But they were unfortunately victim to time constraints.

I also completely misspelt “Nakman and Swith” as the music composers!

Signature 

Twitter || The Dan And Ben Adventures on Steam and GOG || adventure game with lead voice by me Unga Needs Mumba || my portfolio

Posted: 11 February 2013 12:08 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Psychomaster
Joined  2007-10-18

don’t worry, Javier, we understand. I’m sure Michael does too.

Posted: 16 February 2013 05:56 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Dr. Action Poster, Esq.
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2012-04-05

Just thought I’d drop by and say that I like the new layout of the main post. It’s got all the information presented in a more structured and better looking fashion. Good job, Cheeseness. ^^

Signature 

Hi! My name is yama. I am niced to meet you.™
Join us on IRC: #dfadventure@irc.foonetic.net [Web IRC client]

Posted: 16 February 2013 02:08 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Joined  2012-03-13
takarayama - 16 February 2013 05:56 AM

Just thought I’d drop by and say that I like the new layout of the main post. It’s got all the information presented in a more structured and better looking fashion. Good job, Cheeseness. ^^

Thanks! I think it needed a bit of a tidy up smile

Ben’s joined us and our stream is live. Come join us! :D

http://double-fine-game-club.github.com/

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2013 03:40 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Joined  2012-03-13

Aaaaand, we’re done! What a great game. Huge thanks to Ben and Dan for giving up some of their time to chat with us, and to Syd for streaming the game. It’s been awesome to have Ben for every session!

The stream archive and dev chat log are up, and Ben says he’ll happily keep an eye on the thread and join the discussion/answer any other questions that people might have.

Next week we’ll be playing The Cave, and will be being joined by Ron Gilbert!

To keep things rolling here though, I’d like to draw attention to the climactic confrontation with Future Hitler and its reuse of puzzle elements from earlier in the game - it’s great way to help players feel accomplished by letting them put “skills” that they learned earlier to good use.

Signature 

Posted: 16 February 2013 04:21 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Psychomaster
Total Posts:  127
Joined  2012-03-13

That was fun. 

Time Gentlemen, Please! ...and Ben There, Dan That are awesome.  =-)

Signature 

...What Would Mister Pokeylope Do?

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

2 of 2