Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
Version 1.1.0 is LIVE!
Posted: 31 January 2013 01:56 AM
  [ Ignore ]
Double Fine
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2012-08-28

Hey everyone!
  The new update for Middle Manager of Justice is now LIVE!  This is what’s in the new version.  I might have forgotten something, so I’ll edit this post as I remember!

- Alien invasion: The last two neighborhoods are opened up!
- Brand new hero, The Cosmic Crowbar!  This hero was created by our ardent supporter Steven Dengler!
- Valentines Day Event: Evil forces are ruining Valentines Day!  Save love!
- Memory Savings: We’ve fixed many bugs which was causing more memory to be allocated than before.  This will ensure that out of memory crashes will happened a LOT less than before.
- Play your own music: You can play your own audio over the game and make Brian Min cry.  Just make sure you mute the in game audio in the options menu. 
- Brand New Splash Screen: We’ll keep you updated with the latest news!
- Easier iCloud integration: You’ll be able to load and save manually from the iCloud and will no longer have to go through the tutorial to sync .
- Water Cooler, Juicer, Yak: New items for the office that will replenish health items on every fight!
- Heroes returning to work: Heroes will go back to what they were doing whenever they are interrupted.
- New Scheduler UI: Cleaner scheduler UI with bigger buttons for ease of use in devices with smaller screens.
- Level Cap Raised: The level cap for the Middle Manager and the Heroes are raised to 15.
- Achievement Fixes:  Achievements while offline should be rewarded when back online.
- Branch Rating Fix: Now the branch rating should keep going up even when you’ve maxed out your Middle Manager.

Get the game for iOS!

[ Edited: 07 February 2013 05:25 PM by DF Chris Remo ]

Posted: 31 January 2013 11:20 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  709
Joined  2008-01-10

Yak.

Thanks for the update.

Posted: 31 January 2013 11:59 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Super Action Beard
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2012-03-14

ctrl+f, android, sigh

Maybe someday

Posted: 31 January 2013 02:31 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-12-16

I downloaded the update, gave it a quick play, here’s what I think.
I personally love the new UI changes, the character screen looks nice.
The Water Cooler/Juicer/Yak are a fun idea. Hope to save up for that Yak!(Just realized how funny that is w/o context.)
I have gotten into listening to podcasts while I play games, I’m happy that works now!(I never tried it for MMoJ though, so didn’t know it didn’t work.)
However, I’ve found 2 bugs:
1. Sound doesn’t play even though its turned on in options.
2. This is the worst possible thing. I CAN’T RECRUIT COSMIC CROWBAR. I click buy under Econo-Hero(I only have 13 superium), and he doesn’t show up! It just shows that blue hero selection screen with no heroes there!
I was waiting a long time for the Cosmic Crowbar, please fix this!

Posted: 31 January 2013 02:41 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2012-06-09
MasterEric - 31 January 2013 02:31 PM

2. This is the worst possible thing. I CAN’T RECRUIT COSMIC CROWBAR. I click buy under Econo-Hero(I only have 13 superium), and he doesn’t show up! It just shows that blue hero selection screen with no heroes there!

Play some of the story and then he’ll become available. I thought something was wrong also, haha.

Anyway, I got the update early this morning around when it went live and managed to get to #3 on the leaderboards. I checked a little bit ago and I’m now somewhere over 400.  LOL

Love the new content and hope it continues to do well enough to get more!

Posted: 31 January 2013 02:56 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28

The Water Cooler/Juicer/Yak are a fun idea. Hope to save up for that Yak!(Just realized how funny that is w/o context.)
I have gotten into listening to podcasts while I play games, I’m happy that works now!(I never tried it for MMoJ though, so didn’t know it didn’t work.)

1. Huh, there’s NO sound playing?  Odd
2. You have to go through the first alien invasion storyline to unlock him.  He is a crucial plot point in the fight.

Posted: 01 February 2013 10:17 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Double Action Newbie
Total Posts:  23
Joined  2012-04-12

The achievement “Amazing Feat” didn’t unlock for me after I beat the Giant Robot. :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted: 01 February 2013 02:46 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
PlexShaw - 01 February 2013 10:17 AM

The achievement “Amazing Feat” didn’t unlock for me after I beat the Giant Robot. :(

Were you offline?  Later on you might find that it has been unlocked.  I fixed a bug where achievements weren’t being unlocked when offline and never unlocked.  Now it tries to unlock later.

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:25 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Double Action Newbie
Joined  2012-04-12
DF Kee - 01 February 2013 02:46 PM

Were you offline?  Later on you might find that it has been unlocked.  I fixed a bug where achievements weren’t being unlocked when offline and never unlocked.  Now it tries to unlock later.

Thanks for the reply.

I was online the whole time (on an iPad 3rd gen connected to Wi-Fi), so I’m not sure what happened. I will continue to play on and let you know what happens. How long should I reasonably need to leave to it to allow for unlocking in the way you describe?

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:27 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-01-31
PlexShaw - 01 February 2013 03:25 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I was online the whole time (on an iPad 3rd gen connected to Wi-Fi), so I’m not sure what happened. I will continue to play on and let you know what happens. How long should I reasonably need to leave to it to allow for unlocking in the way you describe?

I PM’ed DF Kee yesterday about the lack of new achievements in the newest update. He replied with the following:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the achievements.  We had updated them, but didn’t pull the last switch to submit them.  It should be available when we make the 1.1.1 update very soon.

So I imagine that the achievements won’t pop until the newest update rolls out.

Signature 

I DO WHAT I WANT!!!

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:31 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
slammajamma28 - 01 February 2013 03:27 PM
PlexShaw - 01 February 2013 03:25 PM

Thanks for the reply.

I PM’ed DF Kee yesterday about the lack of new achievements in the newest update. He replied with the following:

Thanks for the heads up regarding the achievements.  We had updated them, but didn’t pull the last switch to submit them.  It should be available when we make the 1.1.1 update very soon.

So I imagine that the achievements won’t pop until the newest update rolls out.

Yeah, those are for NEW achievements for aliens and valentines.  The old ones like the robotfoot *should* still work.

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:39 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Joined  2013-01-31

Oh, my mistake!

Signature 

I DO WHAT I WANT!!!

Posted: 01 February 2013 03:44 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  98
Joined  2012-06-09

If something has been accomplished that was tied to those new achievements, will they unlock once the game has been updated again?

Posted: 01 February 2013 04:19 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
LastWindow - 01 February 2013 03:44 PM

If something has been accomplished that was tied to those new achievements, will they unlock once the game has been updated again?

Yep, they should!

Posted: 01 February 2013 04:20 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
slammajamma28 - 01 February 2013 03:39 PM

Oh, my mistake!

Hah, no problem.  And yay you got the posting to work! :D

Posted: 01 February 2013 07:52 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-12-16
DF Kee - 31 January 2013 02:56 PM

1. Huh, there’s NO sound playing?  Odd
2. You have to go through the first alien invasion storyline to unlock him.  He is a crucial plot point in the fight.

Oh, you need to do the invasion story to get him? Thanks.
After a longer playthrough, I have some new comments.
-Sound is back. That was weird.
-Water Cooler/Juicer/Yak, in actual play, are not as good as I thought. What it does is if you have none, it will bring it back to 1. But if you use that one during battle, it doesn’t give you another until the battle ends, so it’s not infinite. In fact, if you already have a couple, say water cooler waters in your inventory, the water cooler has no benefit. It only does anything if you have none of the item. It may need rethinking.
-I started the alien storyline. I REALLY like the story, complements to… “Mr. Gabe Miller.” (Thank you credit screen.)
-Speaking of the alien storyline, you definitely fixed the difficulty now. The distressed citizens feel harder than the bosses were before. And the love guns power-reducing thing is cool, you should incorperate it into a boss battle somehow.
-Just realized that new costumes don’t show in battles. But that problem with targeting where people will blast attack someone who died of another guy’s attack is fixed.
-SURGE PROTECTOR AND HOT HEAD ARE LEVEL 11 WAT!?
-Finally, I must ask. What does Focus do?
-Suggestion: Add more benefits to Superium. Once you have all 9 heroes, have a lot of cash, and am like me and don’t like rushing, what do you do with it? I say add “Ultimate Equipment”, that costs Superium, that is really powerful. Or a third level of costume, for level 10 guys.
-Another Suggestion: Once you reach a high level, the Manager’s desk work seems pointless. I think a way to improve it would be to, once you reach a high manager level, you can select how long to do desk work. Maybe as you gain levels you can do longer and longer desk work.
-Just got Cosmic Crowbar! Sad his hit all enemies ability isn’t a rain of crowbars, but I’m still happy.
-BTW Here’s the Cosmic Crowbar’s abilities.
SPUTi0v.png

[ Edited: 02 February 2013 07:16 AM by MasterEric ]

Posted: 02 February 2013 12:37 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Double Action Newbie
Joined  2012-04-12

The achievement has now unlocked, so I guess the iPad might have had a “funny 5 minutes” at the time I was playing. smile

Posted: 02 February 2013 10:47 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-02-14
DF Kee - 31 January 2013 01:56 AM

Hey everyone!
- Achievement Fixes:  Achievements while offline should be rewarded when back online.
- Branch Rating Fix: Now the branch rating should keep going up even when you’ve maxed out your Middle Manager.

Nope to both…

Edit: Resolved

[ Edited: 03 February 2013 05:45 AM by Kiwamu ]

Posted: 03 February 2013 04:42 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2012-03-26

Found a small glitch: When doing the meteor super move (or was it the butt drop?) the hero drops off the screen and will sit below the bottom edge. That he is is still there I saw from doing something where you see some +something over the heroes’ heads.

Posted: 03 February 2013 05:50 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2012-02-14

I noticed that I’m still required to research a snack, though I can’t :( ... Also the achievements did unlock now, but I didn’t get any onscreen prompt, which felt weird ... :(

Posted: 04 February 2013 02:12 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
drops - 03 February 2013 04:42 AM

Found a small glitch: When doing the meteor super move (or was it the butt drop?) the hero drops off the screen and will sit below the bottom edge. That he is is still there I saw from doing something where you see some +something over the heroes’ heads.

Oh!  I saw that too.  We’ll be fixin it!

Posted: 10 February 2013 11:30 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Double Action Newbie
Total Posts:  26
Joined  2012-04-09

haven’t played this game for a while but just got through the update.  i managed to save up for the yak, and although just one refill after each battle (if you use up all you have) isn’t really worth it, it does come in handy.

i came across a dialogue glitch and screenshot the sequence, hope it helps:

B8p6mpH.png

PsbnoAG.png

i really like how supremium isn’t impossible to save up in this game.  i started playing that simpsons tapped out game recently and the way they use premium currency is pretty unfair, but in mmoj it’s not impossible to save up for certain things.  one thing i noticed simpsons tapped out handles better is pinch and scrolling.  in MMoJ you can’t zoom out and move the camera’s position at the same time so it feels a little stiff.  not being able to pinch and zoom out in the map also causes some jumpiness, and i think it would be useful to zoom out (sometimes i totally miss a pending crime because i hadn’t thought to look at a certain area)

a super nit picky thing, but visually i think the map would look a lot cleaner if you didn’t see the light brown background around the map

i’ve come across a lot of visual hiccups too, things like the heroes behind of objects when they should be in front of them (like beds they are passing) and the heroes legs aren’t masked out from the desk they’re sitting on to make extra money.  also some funky path-finding situations where if i make a hero have time off after resting, sometimes (on their way out the door) they about-face and then start walking through walls down to the research room.  nothing crazy tho.

i agree with the lack of importance the manager has as the game progresses.  when he works for more pay, even at level 15 he is only making 18 coins. 

another thing, im not sure if it’s a bug or not, with the montage soundtrack equipped to my hero (where it reduces time by 75%), it takes down my time from ~10:30min to ~8:00min so really it reduces time TO 75% rather than BY 75%...right?

andddd lastly, this game runs super hot most of the time on my iphone 4s (haven’t updated to iOS6 or higher yet), i guess it’s from having these HD graphics always running to allow us to zoom in and everything, but maybe there’s some optimizing that can go on for that?  the simpsons game has an issue with this too.

i just wanted you guys to be aware of this stuff, but i don’t really mind or expect some of the bigger things to be taken care of cuz im sure this game isn’t as high of a priority since, for the most part, it’s a free game.  the update was cool, with the manager’s little asides every now and then i was partly expecting that his blind date would tie into the boss battle, that would have been pretty interesting, haha

[ Edited: 10 February 2013 11:33 AM by ok reza ]
 Signature 

http://okreza.blogspot.com/

Posted: 22 February 2013 08:39 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Joined  2013-01-31

Any word on when the bug fixes will be approved and released?

Signature 

I DO WHAT I WANT!!!

Posted: 25 February 2013 04:30 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
ok reza - 10 February 2013 11:30 AM

haven’t played this game for a while but just got through the update.  i managed to save up for the yak, and although just one refill after each battle (if you use up all you have) isn’t really worth it, it does come in handy.

i came across a dialogue glitch and screenshot the sequence, hope it helps:

B8p6mpH.png

PsbnoAG.png

i really like how supremium isn’t impossible to save up in this game.  i started playing that simpsons tapped out game recently and the way they use premium currency is pretty unfair, but in mmoj it’s not impossible to save up for certain things.  one thing i noticed simpsons tapped out handles better is pinch and scrolling.  in MMoJ you can’t zoom out and move the camera’s position at the same time so it feels a little stiff.  not being able to pinch and zoom out in the map also causes some jumpiness, and i think it would be useful to zoom out (sometimes i totally miss a pending crime because i hadn’t thought to look at a certain area)

a super nit picky thing, but visually i think the map would look a lot cleaner if you didn’t see the light brown background around the map

i’ve come across a lot of visual hiccups too, things like the heroes behind of objects when they should be in front of them (like beds they are passing) and the heroes legs aren’t masked out from the desk they’re sitting on to make extra money.  also some funky path-finding situations where if i make a hero have time off after resting, sometimes (on their way out the door) they about-face and then start walking through walls down to the research room.  nothing crazy tho.

i agree with the lack of importance the manager has as the game progresses.  when he works for more pay, even at level 15 he is only making 18 coins. 

another thing, im not sure if it’s a bug or not, with the montage soundtrack equipped to my hero (where it reduces time by 75%), it takes down my time from ~10:30min to ~8:00min so really it reduces time TO 75% rather than BY 75%...right?

andddd lastly, this game runs super hot most of the time on my iphone 4s (haven’t updated to iOS6 or higher yet), i guess it’s from having these HD graphics always running to allow us to zoom in and everything, but maybe there’s some optimizing that can go on for that?  the simpsons game has an issue with this too.

i just wanted you guys to be aware of this stuff, but i don’t really mind or expect some of the bigger things to be taken care of cuz im sure this game isn’t as high of a priority since, for the most part, it’s a free game.  the update was cool, with the manager’s little asides every now and then i was partly expecting that his blind date would tie into the boss battle, that would have been pretty interesting, haha

Thanks for the feedback!  I’ll check out how the camera works in that game.  The jumping when zooming and scrolling is something that I’ve been meaning to fix.  Thanks for the bug reports!  We’ll fix those up soon.  The blind date being a boss fight…hehe that would’ve been interesting.  Perhaps next time! :D

Posted: 25 February 2013 04:31 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
slammajamma28 - 22 February 2013 08:39 AM

We’ve submitted a minor update for a few problems (mainly dealing with memory).  We’re nearly done with a major update with new mechanics, enemies, and a new hero!

Posted: 26 February 2013 07:41 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
I Post Because I Am Awesome
Total Posts:  761
Joined  2010-07-31
DF Kee - 25 February 2013 04:31 PM
slammajamma28 - 22 February 2013 08:39 AM

We’ve submitted a minor update for a few problems (mainly dealing with memory).  We’re nearly done with a major update with new mechanics, enemies, and a new hero!

Yay! I was really hoping that you guys were making enough money on this to keep it going. I’ve even got my girlfriend hooked on it, and she doesn’t play any video games besides Country Dance Wii (which I put a review up on Destructoid for after the pain of her forcing me to play it with her http://www.destructoid.com/blogs/Mathew+Bell/country-dance-more-like-farty-pants-am-i-right-i-m-not-right-am-i—244300.phtml)

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2

‹‹ Content patch      WHERE’S MY COIN DOUBLER! ››