Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

Fletus’ army.
Posted: 04 February 2013 07:22 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Royal Flush
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  678
Joined  2009-07-22

Imagine for a minute that you’re in some crazy parallel universe. In this place, insane things can happen that would never, ever happen here in a hundred million billion years. Such as, for example - and bear with me on this once, since it’s pretty damn far-out - that Brutal Legend were to come to Steam. If, in this twisted and perverted alternate world, this totally unprecedented and impossibly unlikely thing somehow DID happen…

...do you guys (forumgoers or DFers) imagine that Fletus’ faction might at some point be included or added for use in multiplayer? Is something like this within the realms of possibility?

Posted: 05 February 2013 05:55 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  185
Joined  2011-07-26

Oh man, that would be so awesome. It would probably be enough of a reason for most people here who already own the game to buy it again. *hint hint hint*

IF they would ever consider a new release of the game, I’d love for there to be an additional faction, if it allowed for 4vs4 or 2vs2 multiplayer battles. It’s more likely that if it were to happen, the Hair Metal Militia would be a playable faction since they’re basically just a copy of Ironheade and would only require some new models to work on an existing engine. I suppose that the appearance of Fletus’ crew would depend on how far into development they made it before they were cut. If the mechanics and such were already completed, then maybe all that’s really needed will be new models? If not, I’d deem it pretty unlikely…

Signature 

Two little demons were jumping on a bed~ One flew away and severed his head~~

Posted: 13 February 2013 06:47 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Unholy Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2009-10-19

So, now that it IS confirmed for PC, I wonder if there will be any special suprises for us as far as multiplayer or single player!? Mayhap something like Fletus or Lion Whytes army playable? More game types? A directors cut of sorts with some of the story elements that didnt make it into the orginal release!? One can hope!

Even if not, I will still be buying it on Steam. I’m not much of a PC gamer, but a chance to play the multiplayer with a decent crowd again is enough to make me DL steam, just for Brutal Legend!

Posted: 18 February 2013 05:23 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Beard Beard Action Beard
Total Posts:  70
Joined  2013-02-17
The Coggs - 13 February 2013 06:47 PM

So, now that it IS confirmed for PC, I wonder if there will be any special suprises for us as far as multiplayer or single player!? Mayhap something like Fletus or Lion Whytes army playable? More game types? A directors cut of sorts with some of the story elements that didnt make it into the orginal release!? One can hope!

Even if not, I will still be buying it on Steam. I’m not much of a PC gamer, but a chance to play the multiplayer with a decent crowd again is enough to make me DL steam, just for Brutal Legend!

Don’t forget to sign up for Team Fortress 2 as well, so you can get your free Mullet/Mutton chops and Clementine taunt in Genuine Quality! Honestly, you’ll probably have fun with TF2 as well.. .but I am PUMPED about BL since I bought it.. just for the preorder bonus. Playing against the AI has been some great fun. There aren’t alot of Third Person RTS games out there…. and this game is the best I’ve played in while.

I haven’t even played the story yet, and I’m pumped that Fletus might come back in a multiplayer capacity.

Signature 

Swallower of the Loaf of Heaven, Curse of the Rainhall

Posted: 19 February 2013 12:31 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Unholy Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  257
Joined  2009-10-19

I played TF2 on 360, but the multiplayer for that is also all but dead, so I will defenintly be getting TF2 on PC as well.

Posted: 19 February 2013 08:03 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Super Action Beard
Total Posts:  60
Joined  2011-09-12

Fletus’ faction would be AWESOME!

Signature 

Silence, ground-walker!

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!