Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
2 of 4
Psychonauts Patch - Linux and Mac Update
Posted: 06 February 2013 04:06 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
That Kid in High School Whose Parents Were Out of Town a Lot
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2012-03-23
DF Nathan - 05 February 2013 10:11 PM

Thanks for the support! We’re going to be taking bugs from here on, so please report them here. However, I’m going to work w/ DF Justin and see if we can’t come up with a better way to accurately track these bugs.

As for updates, the main focus was formally releasing on Linux and patching major OSX issues like sound stutter, infinite bacon blur, crashes, etc. This one has a number of known visual bugs, but none of them are “progression blockers” AFAIK.

That sounds great. For some reason, testing builds under linux always seems harder to streamline with the whole QA process. (e.g. I’m still patiently waiting for The Cave to show up on my steam client ;) So having a publicly available bug tracker (or somewhere else) where we could contribute seems like a good idea.

Meanwhile, I’ve sent you an email with a short list of glitches I’ve noticed. Right now, the invisible shadows are the most annoying glitch as it makes some jumps more difficult to perform.

Posted: 06 February 2013 06:50 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Administrator
Total Posts:  365
Joined  2012-01-09
ClapBedon - 06 February 2013 04:06 PM
DF Nathan - 05 February 2013 10:11 PM

Thanks for the support! We’re going to be taking bugs from here on, so please report them here. However, I’m going to work w/ DF Justin and see if we can’t come up with a better way to accurately track these bugs.

As for updates, the main focus was formally releasing on Linux and patching major OSX issues like sound stutter, infinite bacon blur, crashes, etc. This one has a number of known visual bugs, but none of them are “progression blockers” AFAIK.

That sounds great. For some reason, testing builds under linux always seems harder to streamline with the whole QA process. (e.g. I’m still patiently waiting for The Cave to show up on my steam client wink So having a publicly available bug tracker (or somewhere else) where we could contribute seems like a good idea.

Meanwhile, I’ve sent you an email with a short list of glitches I’ve noticed. Right now, the invisible shadows are the most annoying glitch as it makes some jumps more difficult to perform.

We’re working on a public facing database, just still in the planning phase for it. Once we figure out all the details, I’ll post in the various areas for it.

Posted: 06 February 2013 07:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Joined  2012-03-23

I’ve found a progression blocking bug. I can’t start target practice. The game crashes just before the video when Agent Nein pulls you into his mind plays. I’ve attached the terminal output.

Posted: 07 February 2013 01:57 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  1008
Joined  2012-03-13
DF Justin - 06 February 2013 06:50 PM

We’re working on a public facing database, just still in the planning phase for it. Once we figure out all the details, I’ll post in the various areas for it.

Awesome, good to hear! Are you planning to use/copy your existing internal tracking system, or put an externally developed tracker in place?

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

Want to read about the 2013 Double Fine Down Under BBQ? (spoiler: it was fun) (thread)

Posted: 07 February 2013 06:02 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-01-16

What about hib 5 ? We got an update (0.6) at the beginning of the year that fixes most of the issues described here, is it the same or is a new build about to appear on the humblebundle website too ? There still are a few bugs but I’d like to know if I have tested the last version before reporting them.

Posted: 07 February 2013 04:07 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2012-05-13

Hi, thanks for releasing a linux version! It’s the first time I play Psychonauts and I love it! Also, the performance is excellent, it works with my dual monitor setup and my Logitech Dual Action gamepad worked out of the box! (only had to adjust the axis for looking up and down)

One thing I noticed after playing some time: the music seems to hickup after, like, a minute or sometimes 2 mins (or more??) but it doesn’t stutter the rest of the game, so it doesn’t really bother me.

Oh, and the steam achievements don’t work, but I guess you know that.. Are there any plans for steam integration on linux? would love that

Posted: 07 February 2013 04:09 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-01-09
ClapBedon - 06 February 2013 07:07 PM

I’ve found a progression blocking bug. I can’t start target practice. The game crashes just before the video when Agent Nein pulls you into his mind plays. I’ve attached the terminal output.

Not seeing anything attached, could you send it in to the support email address? Also, has anyone else encountered this?

Posted: 07 February 2013 04:12 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-01-09
Cheeseness - 07 February 2013 01:57 AM
DF Justin - 06 February 2013 06:50 PM

Awesome, good to hear! Are you planning to use/copy your existing internal tracking system, or put an externally developed tracker in place?

Same type of system, but the databases will be different so that there’s no ‘oh whoops I forgot the public reads this’ situations.

Posted: 07 February 2013 04:22 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-01-09
lartick - 07 February 2013 06:02 AM

What about hib 5 ? We got an update (0.6) at the beginning of the year that fixes most of the issues described here, is it the same or is a new build about to appear on the humblebundle website too ? There still are a few bugs but I’d like to know if I have tested the last version before reporting them.

Yup! The HiB versions are already updated with the patches and we’ll continue to update them as well.

Posted: 07 February 2013 04:24 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Administrator
Joined  2012-01-09
mxup - 07 February 2013 04:07 PM

Hi, thanks for releasing a linux version! It’s the first time I play Psychonauts and I love it! Also, the performance is excellent, it works with my dual monitor setup and my Logitech Dual Action gamepad worked out of the box! (only had to adjust the axis for looking up and down)

One thing I noticed after playing some time: the music seems to hickup after, like, a minute or sometimes 2 mins (or more??) but it doesn’t stutter the rest of the game, so it doesn’t really bother me.

Oh, and the steam achievements don’t work, but I guess you know that.. Are there any plans for steam integration on linux? would love that

Is there a particular part of the music or world that this occurs? We’re planning on having the same level of integration as with Windows/Mac.

Posted: 07 February 2013 04:54 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Action Newbie
Joined  2012-05-13
DF Justin - 07 February 2013 04:24 PM

Is there a particular part of the music or world that this occurs? We’re planning on having the same level of integration as with Windows/Mac.

mm, so I played again for 12 mins and noticed I indeed don’t have the problem at all at whispery rocks (or something, the place where you start the game). But I am sure it occured on Basic Braining (still makes me giggle)

Thanks for the heads up on the steam integration!

Posted: 07 February 2013 08:01 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
King of the Forum Gods
Total Posts:  5802
Joined  2007-10-30

Thanks for the update justin.

Signature 

YOU ARE A HUGE PSYCHIC SLUTWAVE MANTIS WITH DAY-GLO POWER SCYTHES

Posted: 08 February 2013 10:23 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Joined  2012-03-23
DF Justin - 07 February 2013 04:09 PM
ClapBedon - 06 February 2013 07:07 PM

Not seeing anything attached, could you send it in to the support email address? Also, has anyone else encountered this?

Sorry about that. I’ve just sent you the attachment.

Also, I’ve played a bit with the settings, and it turns out that the crash only occurs when I play in French. So that narrows it down! Also explains why you wouldn’t have noticed it.

Thanks!

Posted: 10 February 2013 12:31 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Total Posts:  1008
Joined  2012-03-13

I don’t see the projected image of Coach Oleander at the beginning of Basic Braining (I have a blank wall telling me to punch it ^_^ ).

Signature 

Come play and discuss games with the Double Fine Game Club (threads can be found in our F.A.Q.)

Want to read about the 2013 Double Fine Down Under BBQ? (spoiler: it was fun) (thread)

Posted: 11 February 2013 03:27 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Action Newbie
Joined  2012-05-13
mxup - 07 February 2013 04:54 PM
DF Justin - 07 February 2013 04:24 PM

mm, so I played again for 12 mins and noticed I indeed don’t have the problem at all at whispery rocks (or something, the place where you start the game). But I am sure it occured on Basic Braining (still makes me giggle)

Thanks for the heads up on the steam integration!

I just repeated some basic braining and indeed, i still have one hickup, usually when the trumpets do their bursts or how do you say that smile i attached a screenshot where I experienced the hickup, just so you know which music part I am referencing. I guess it’s at the end of the loop.. I actually never played the game on windows, maybe the hickup is there too..? smile

Image Attachments
2013-02-11_00003.jpg

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

2 of 4