DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: THE CAVE (starting 23rd Feb)
The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.
Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!
» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «
GAME CLUB SESSIONS
- 23rd February, 9:00pm UTC (click for your time zone): Interview (Archive, Transcript) and first game session (Stream 1, 2, 3) plus dev chat with Ron Gilbert (log)
- 2nd March, 9:00pm UTC (click for your time zone): Second game session (Stream 4) and general discussion plus dev chat with Ron Gilbert (log)
- Ron Gilbert (@GrumpyGamer)
ABOUT THE GAME
The Cave is a new adventure game from Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion creator Ron Gilbert, and Double Fine Productions, the award-winning studio behind Psychonauts and Brütal Legend.
Assemble your team of three from seven unlikely adventurers, each with their own unique personalities and stories, then descend into the mysterious depths to explore locations including a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready-to-launch nuclear tipped ICBM. The Cave awaits.
WHERE TO GET ONLINE
- Steam (Windows, Mac, Linux)
GAME CLUB INFO
- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
- Game Club planning thread