Jobs Podcast iTunes Podcast RSS Tumblr @TimOfLegend @DoubleFine Google+ YouTube Facebook RSS

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!
1 of 2
Version 1.2.0 is Live!!!
Posted: 02 April 2013 03:16 PM
  [ Ignore ]
Double Fine
Broken Age Backer MASSIVE CHALICE Backer
Total Posts:  246
Joined  2012-08-28

Hey Everyone!
  Version 1.2.0 is live in the app store!  (oh man, I totally wrote out this post, but can’t find it in the forums so I assume those words are now lost in the internet ethers)

New Stuff!
- Most Wanted Thugs!  They are tougher enemies that will randomly appear on your map.  When you beat them, you will get items, and some rare items that you can’t even get from the store!
- Meteorite Collecting.  You can collect various meteorites in fights!  These can be equipped to give your hero special bonuses.  In addition, they can be combined with each other to create a more powerful meteorite! 
- New Hero!  Gloomerang!  She has a lot of group oriented abilities.  I wanted to fashion the character after a lot of the self narrating anti heroes of the 90’s.
- bug fixes!

Thanks for playing everyone and as always give your feedback here!

Posted: 02 April 2013 06:27 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Unholy Action Forum Commander
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2012-05-19

holy crap! you ppl are awesome! new stuff! i was playing MMoJ on a ipod w/ a cracked screen till the thing’s screen glitched out and stayed white…but my fiance’s dad gave her his ipad after upgrading to a new one….so we play MMoJ on that now…she has it on her iphone too. I can’t wait to tell her to update! If you could somehow manage to squeeze in multiple game saves, that would be most handy….then again she doesn’t really care what I do in the game after she unlocked all the characters she liked. anywho…..thank you DF for the update!
Now how about a new IRON BRIGADE DLC????????

Signature 

All posts should somehow lead back to Iron Brigade.

Posted: 03 April 2013 12:31 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Total Action Forum Master
Total Posts:  119
Joined  2012-06-09

I’m glad you added a new female character. Love her look, too.

Posted: 03 April 2013 07:57 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Deity of the Forum
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2010-07-31

Downloading now.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 04 April 2013 10:10 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Deity of the Forum
Joined  2010-07-31

The achievement for researching a meteorite doesn’t seem to work. I’ve only researched two so far. Can’t say whether it will activate after the third or not.

I love all the new stuff. Great addition to the game. So much more to do!

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 04 April 2013 11:50 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
OANST - 04 April 2013 10:10 AM

The achievement for researching a meteorite doesn’t seem to work. I’ve only researched two so far. Can’t say whether it will activate after the third or not.

I love all the new stuff. Great addition to the game. So much more to do!

Thanks!  I’ll check about the meteorite achievement…..if it does turn out to be a bug, you should get it on a future update.

Posted: 05 April 2013 06:46 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Deity of the Forum
Joined  2010-07-31

I realized last night that even though I’ve researched all three meteorites, they don’t actually become available for purchase. They never showed up in the meteorite section of the shop. Also, the shop tells me that there is something new in there, but there isn’t.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 05 April 2013 08:36 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-01-31
OANST - 05 April 2013 06:46 AM

I realized last night that even though I’ve researched all three meteorites, they don’t actually become available for purchase. They never showed up in the meteorite section of the shop. Also, the shop tells me that there is something new in there, but there isn’t.

I’m in the same situation.

Signature 

I DO WHAT I WANT!!!

Posted: 05 April 2013 09:53 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
slammajamma28 - 05 April 2013 08:36 AM

Yeah, I just saw the new bug.  So the meteorites that you research isn’t available in the shop.  You have to craft it the meteorite combiner with other meteorites that you can pick up.  So you’re researching the “recipe” for the meteorite.  This should have been made more clear :(

Posted: 05 April 2013 04:35 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Super Action Beard
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2012-11-28

I love it! Wonderful! Thanks!!! Still looking for Kneecapper and HeistMeister for my set…

Posted: 06 April 2013 07:59 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Deity of the Forum
Joined  2010-07-31
DF Kee - 05 April 2013 09:53 AM
slammajamma28 - 05 April 2013 08:36 AM

Yeah, I just saw the new bug.  So the meteorites that you research isn’t available in the shop.  You have to craft it the meteorite combiner with other meteorites that you can pick up.  So you’re researching the “recipe” for the meteorite.  This should have been made more clear :(

Thaaat makes sense now. I completely missed that. Thanks for the heads up!

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 06 April 2013 10:12 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Action Newbie
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2012-03-23

I’m seeing the same thing with the Meteorite achievement…researched all 3 and it didn’t pop.  stuck at 37/38.

I’ve also always had a graphics glitch with Crowbar’s sprite in the fire and bus sequences ever since he was added.

Tasks are still dropping in new ones I can’t complete.  Just got “buy a new costume” even though I’ve already bought all 10.  And “research a snack” is still stuck in there too.

Major exploit on meteorites.  Easily able to get 10 bling meteorites/min.

But, I love the game!

iPad3 iOS 6.1.3

[ Edited: 06 April 2013 01:08 PM by dgman ]
Image Attachments
image.jpg image.jpg

Posted: 06 April 2013 10:44 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-03-19

Downloaded it a few days ago. It’s awesome, and so far I have 4 rare items that i have picked up from boss fights. The items are pretty useless because in store there are better items, but I have 2 vampire hats, an energy hat, and a superhero handbook volume 2. Im still looking for Mustafa jr, and kneecapper. The meteorites are what keep me playing because other than the bosses, i have something to do. Because I have all my four superheroes maxed out, all researched items - everything i need. The fire missions and ‘stop the bus’ missions are very annoying because they pop up a lot of times. And every time I stop the bus thats riding down the road, its the same man driving always. I think the city council just needs to fire him and get a better bus driver. Problem solved. But even though these missions are annoying, it’s what you gotta do when you’re a super hero smile I have 70k in cash, and 63 superium. I also have the ‘new’ glitch on the shop icon. It popped up when one of my superheroes finished a recipe that came with the update I forget what the recipe name was though. Anyways, great update.

Posted: 08 April 2013 07:36 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Action Newbie
Joined  2012-03-23

Just noticed a scroll bug on the Inventory tab…..I can’t scroll to the bottom and see all of my inventory items.  So, if you have a lot of newly collected pieces of gear, you can’t see the consumables at the bottom :(

Posted: 08 April 2013 09:11 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
Hanguard - 06 April 2013 10:44 AM

Downloaded it a few days ago. It’s awesome, and so far I have 4 rare items that i have picked up from boss fights. The items are pretty useless because in store there are better items, but I have 2 vampire hats, an energy hat, and a superhero handbook volume 2. Im still looking for Mustafa jr, and kneecapper. The meteorites are what keep me playing because other than the bosses, i have something to do. Because I have all my four superheroes maxed out, all researched items - everything i need. The fire missions and ‘stop the bus’ missions are very annoying because they pop up a lot of times. And every time I stop the bus thats riding down the road, its the same man driving always. I think the city council just needs to fire him and get a better bus driver. Problem solved. But even though these missions are annoying, it’s what you gotta do when you’re a super hero smile I have 70k in cash, and 63 superium. I also have the ‘new’ glitch on the shop icon. It popped up when one of my superheroes finished a recipe that came with the update I forget what the recipe name was though. Anyways, great update.

It’s true, I think the city just needs to invest in better brakes.  I’m working on letter the player delegate those and fires in a future update.  Thanks for playing!

Posted: 08 April 2013 09:11 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
dgman - 08 April 2013 07:36 AM

Just noticed a scroll bug on the Inventory tab…..I can’t scroll to the bottom and see all of my inventory items.  So, if you have a lot of newly collected pieces of gear, you can’t see the consumables at the bottom :(

EEP!!!  K, Will look into a fix.

Posted: 23 April 2013 06:20 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-02

Just curious, you mention the meteor combiner there, but I don’t actually see a meteor combiner anywhere in the base. How does one actually combine these things?

Posted: 24 April 2013 04:37 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Action Newbie
Joined  2012-03-23
DBKJones - 23 April 2013 06:20 PM

Just curious, you mention the meteor combiner there, but I don’t actually see a meteor combiner anywhere in the base. How does one actually combine these things?

I didn’t see it right away either.  It’s the green crystal thing sitting on top of the managers inbox on his desk.

Posted: 24 April 2013 06:27 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Deity of the Forum
Joined  2010-07-31

Or you can make the Manager do it just by clicking on his managerial duties.

Signature 

My bowels hurt.

Posted: 24 April 2013 08:12 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-02

Brilliant! Thanks all!

Posted: 05 June 2013 08:38 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Joined  2012-06-09

So I’m finally sitting down to get into all of the new content, while previously just fighting a couple of those new bosses, and I was wondering how to unlock the new character? And is that meteorite achievement still bugged?

Posted: 09 June 2013 02:46 AM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-06-06

So far, I’ve captured every tough-level crook except Slapshot (hockey mask) cos I fought him once and lost when I forgot that Hard Deadline puts you on a time limit. I’ve got very little superium and way too many coins to spend.

Are there REALLY 10 superheroes? I only have 9, including Gloomerang, and I don’t have the magic Crowbar character.

I seem to have that bug that says there’s something new to buy in the shop, but I don’t see anything new, or, at least, nothing with the ‘new’ label next to it, so my only only guess right now is that I can buy a new hero after encountering Crowbar, yet I don’t have enough superium yet to check raspberry I DID buy the superium tree today, though, cos I like the idea of gradually accumulating more and more superium over time smile

I have the problem with the to-do list in that I can’t buy any more costumes, though it seems that I can still complete the ‘manage a hero to level 5’ task simply by continuing to promote heroes at higher levels than level 5: go fig, or maybe that’s a quick-fix compromise so I can still complete that task, even though it’s not technically accurate?

I also can’t see all the items in my inventory when I have a lot of items.

The game is still fun, but I wish there were tougher enemies to fight, besides the criminals that I keep fighting despite having already captured them smile I LOVE fighting longer battles, but my power rating for most of my characters is high enough that I beat them all in one hit and I can’t savor the moment lol.

I wish I could redistribute my stat points: kinda like in some action-rpgs. Also, during battles, the same kind of prob happens with being able to see my items after having bought the juicer and coffeemaker, etc., because the yak milk items are listed to the far right of the screen, after the refilled juice and coffee icons, which don’t offer as good a bonus as yak milk, and esp. with a touch screen, it’s hard to access the yak milk icon asap as needed.

I’d LOVE more characters, however, and I’d be happy to spend more real money on them smile

Posted: 10 July 2013 04:37 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
LastWindow - 05 June 2013 08:38 PM

So I’m finally sitting down to get into all of the new content, while previously just fighting a couple of those new bosses, and I was wondering how to unlock the new character? And is that meteorite achievement still bugged?

The meteorite achievement IS still bugged :(  Will get to a fix soon.  You can only unlock Cosmic Crowbar after the second to last area.  Gloomerang should always be available.

Posted: 10 July 2013 04:41 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
Protectobot - 09 June 2013 02:46 AM

So far, I’ve captured every tough-level crook except Slapshot (hockey mask) cos I fought him once and lost when I forgot that Hard Deadline puts you on a time limit. I’ve got very little superium and way too many coins to spend.

Are there REALLY 10 superheroes? I only have 9, including Gloomerang, and I don’t have the magic Crowbar character.

I seem to have that bug that says there’s something new to buy in the shop, but I don’t see anything new, or, at least, nothing with the ‘new’ label next to it, so my only only guess right now is that I can buy a new hero after encountering Crowbar, yet I don’t have enough superium yet to check raspberry I DID buy the superium tree today, though, cos I like the idea of gradually accumulating more and more superium over time smile

I have the problem with the to-do list in that I can’t buy any more costumes, though it seems that I can still complete the ‘manage a hero to level 5’ task simply by continuing to promote heroes at higher levels than level 5: go fig, or maybe that’s a quick-fix compromise so I can still complete that task, even though it’s not technically accurate?

I also can’t see all the items in my inventory when I have a lot of items.

The game is still fun, but I wish there were tougher enemies to fight, besides the criminals that I keep fighting despite having already captured them smile I LOVE fighting longer battles, but my power rating for most of my characters is high enough that I beat them all in one hit and I can’t savor the moment lol.

I wish I could redistribute my stat points: kinda like in some action-rpgs. Also, during battles, the same kind of prob happens with being able to see my items after having bought the juicer and coffeemaker, etc., because the yak milk items are listed to the far right of the screen, after the refilled juice and coffee icons, which don’t offer as good a bonus as yak milk, and esp. with a touch screen, it’s hard to access the yak milk icon asap as needed.

I’d LOVE more characters, however, and I’d be happy to spend more real money on them smile

Hi!

- There should be 10.  You should be able to unlock Cosmic Crowbar after the second to last area…
- The new item thing is a bug.  When you unlock a new Meteorite recipe, it’ll stay up indefinitely.  I’ll feex!!
- The todo thing definitely sounds like a bug….
- For the items in the inventory, if you have an item like the juicer or yak, you should be able to scroll down to the last equippable item.  Again, this will be addressed.
- redistributing points is interesting.  I was thinking about making a “retcon” item.  Interesting smile

Posted: 10 July 2013 10:50 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Joined  2012-06-09
DF Kee - 10 July 2013 04:37 PM

The meteorite achievement IS still bugged :(  Will get to a fix soon.  You can only unlock Cosmic Crowbar after the second to last area.  Gloomerang should always be available.

Yeah, Gloomerang is the one I don’t have yet. Do I have to purchase a hero card to get her?

Posted: 11 July 2013 03:46 PM
  [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Double Fine
Joined  2012-08-28
LastWindow - 10 July 2013 10:50 PM
DF Kee - 10 July 2013 04:37 PM

Yeah, Gloomerang is the one I don’t have yet. Do I have to purchase a hero card to get her?

Yep.  She should show up on any level packs

To participate in the excellent Double Fine Action Forums community, log in or register now!

1 of 2