DOUBLE FINE GAME CLUB: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge (starting 4th of May)
The Double Fine Game Club is a community run weekly event where interested gamers play through and come together to discuss what they do and don’t like about a particular game (sort of like a book club, but for games). We usually aim to play one or two hours a week, and we normally have somebody streaming the current game so that those who don’t have the game or don’t feel like playing it again can still feel involved.
Discussion takes place here in the forums and on the Double Fine Game Club home page. Game Club is a very informal weekly chat, and everyone is welcome!
» » » CLICK HERE TO JOIN « « «
GAME CLUB SESSIONS
- 4th May, 9:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 1st game session (Stream 1) and general discussion plus dev chat (full log, edited log)
- 11th May, 9:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): 2nd game session (Stream 2) and general discussion plus dev chat (log)
- 18th May, 9:00PM UTC (click for your time zone): Final game session (Stream 3) and general discussion (chat log)
- Ron Gilbert (@GrumpyGamer)
ABOUT THE GAME
Deep in the Caribbean, Guybrush Threepwood finds himself on the embargoed Scabb Island in need of a new story and the legendary treasure of Big Whoop.
Monkey Island 2 is Game Club’s second title in our series of Remembering LucasArts sessions, commemorating the recently closed studio.
Please note that the original version(s) of Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge are no longer available. The original artwork and interface is available in the Special Edition by switching to “classic mode”. For anybody who already owns a copy of (one of) the original version(s), Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge can be played on a wide variety of modern systems using ScummVM (this requires the original game files from the CD, DOS floppy or Amiga versions).
GAME CLUB INFO
- Double Fine Game Club home page (with webchat, stream and session countdown timer)
- Game Club IRC: #DFAdventure on irc.foonetic.net (use the link above if you’re not sure)
- @DFGameClub on Twitter (keep track of announcements)
- Game Club planning thread