Broken Age voice cast: Jack Black, Jennifer Hale, more awesome DF veterans!

San Francisco, CA—September 1, 2013—Double Fine is proud to announce a selection of the voice cast from its upcoming crowdfunded adventure game Broken Age, including cameo and featured roles from Jack Black (Brütal Legend, Tenacious D, School of Rock) and Jennifer Hale (Brütal Legend, Mass Effect, Metal Gear).

They are joined by a host of additional returning talent from past Double Fine games, including Richard Horvitz (Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, Invader Zim), Nick Jameson (Psychonauts, Full Throttle, Sam & Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle), Grey Delisle (Brütal Legend, Batman: Arkham City, StarCraft II), and Cree Summer (Brütal Legend, StarCraft II, Diablo III).

Broken Age, written and designed by Tim Schafer, was initially announced as Double Fine Adventure and funded by a record-setting Kickstarter crowdfunding project in 2012. Its development has been chronicled in depth through an ongoing video documentary series created by 2 Player Productions, and it is planned for release next year.

Double Fine Voice Director Khris Brown, who has cast, produced, and directed the voice talent for all of Double Fine’s previous games, said, “We have been so lucky over the last 13 years to work with the best actors in the industry, and now we’re calling them back for a kind of family reunion. It’s like a big, Thanksgiving dinner, except everything’s being recorded. And everyone you’re related to is a super-talented actor. And the food’s really healthy because you’re in LA.”

“I could not be more excited about being reunited with Jack, Jennifer, Richard, Nick, Grey, and Cree for Broken Age,” said Schafer.“The early voice sessions have been amazing, and we’re not even done yet!”

Jack Black, whose career includes lead roles in films such as School of Rock, Bernie, and High Fidelity, as well as the rock duo Tenacious D, starred as Eddie Riggs in Double Fine’s 2009 heavy metal adventure Brütal Legend. The performance was widely acclaimed, garnering Black a win for Best Voice at the 2009 Spike Video Game Awards and a nomination for Outstanding Character Performance at the 13th Interactive Achievement Awards.

Jennifer Hale’s work has spanned television, film, and games, and she is cited by the Guinness Book of World Records as the most prolific video game voice actress. She has had major roles in such titles as the Metal Gear series, Halo 4, Diablo III, The Last of Us, and BioShock Infinite, and starred as Ophelia in Brütal Legend. She is best known to fans for her iconic portrayal of Commander Shepard in the Mass Effect series.

Brown and Schafer have collaborated on voice work for each of Schafer’s games to date, including Brütal Legend, Psychonauts, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, and Day of the Tentacle.

09/01/2013 - 03:35 PM
09/04/13 - 06:28 PM

"I swear- Tim and Jack look like they could be brothers when they stand next to each other smiling :)"
09/06/13 - 11:53 AM

"AWESOME! ... like it! ... i can't wait to play the game!"
01/16/15 - 07:05 AM
Alastair Adrian:

"Why do any book dutys define themselves as GrabMyEssayOnline? I typically share the fingers you retain in the enter to explore a decorous hack however I would love to experience whether their liturgys correct than those that the usual utilitys propose or is it impartial a marketing gimmick?"
01/28/15 - 03:24 AM
Darwin Larry:

"I am feeling very truant moreover I do hardly need to wear my consistent inscription duty. Do you consideration devise do a saintly employment? I hold seen persons offering certain reconsiders however I enjoy hardly seen some note from you."
04/25/15 - 09:40 AM

"Is it possible to bear a array of uk bestessays at the tantamount interval? Preferably, is it merely lawful to won else than sole online duty that extends the identical liturgys? I have the capability I rightful wish to comprehend if it is ok."
05/20/15 - 03:07 PM

"What in regards to suggestion that discount commissions automatically discounts the "other" agent's earnings as suitably? Agents, who have a signed buyer / broker agreement with their buyer, must look to negotiate another condition of sale for those homes listed at money off. My weblog:"
05/22/15 - 09:11 AM

"Basically YouView is an appartment top box that connects to your broadband internet access and your TV. This allows you to access all the traditional Freeview TV channels, plus it lets obtain internet based services like on demand TV and catch up programming. Undertake it ! choose any program which had been coupon codes shown during the last seven days and watch it whenever you want. You can also record TV programs as well as having the ability to pause and rewind live TV. YouView gives you everything you must watch TV at your individual convenience. my web blog ..."
05/31/15 - 02:58 PM

"People like to sing 'Abide with me' - whereas the Bible stresses crucial it is for us to abide with God - and stay in God - and obedient to God - to call him up your dwelling place. Here is my blog ..."
06/02/15 - 02:16 PM

"I love Jack Black, he's so much talent. I am more interested if a film that select him clash of kings gold hack "
07/08/15 - 03:49 AM

"Your blogs acquire inspired me in so numerous avenues. You retain enabled me to grow a estimable best essay editing service review questions by merely promising me to discover my real skill internal. I am so thankful for the astounding blogs."
08/19/15 - 02:53 AM

"Great Post... Nice share for me, maybe nice for all reader of your post.. thanks Radio station consultants"
09/06/15 - 02:07 PM

"My spouse and i result from Wisata Pulau Tidung in addition to I adore to engage in games, especially in the event the video game titles connected with warfare. The house is usually a visitor location which makes it progressively swarmed using site visitors trip after i play video games. For anybody who want to uncover more facts exactly where My partner and i reside you possibly can go through my own post named Pulau Pari."