Enemies of Rubik, your Death is our Reward!

Just in case you have a really bad antenna and this news page is the only website you receive at your house, I feel obligated to tell you all about our awesome soundtrack!

Get Adobe Flash player

Even though it was already leaked by Denmark, reported on by all the news pages, and circulated on Facebook and Twitter. But now you’ve heard about it HERE from the Rubik’s genius himself: ME.
I’m not actually a Rubik’s genius. Real Rubik’s geniuses can solve a cube with one hand in twelve seconds while blindfolded and asleep while also solving another cube inside of their stomach. It takes me three whole minutes and I’m just following instructions I learned from a book I got as a kid. This time it took me an extra fifteen seconds because I totally messed up near the end. I was so close to being done, I got all excited and was even starting to mouth the words, “You Got Served!” but then I slipped up and practically re-scrambled the dang cube. You can see the horror on my face. Luckily, I was able to recover, heroically, and take advantage of Emily’s slow, slow talking. Or did I? (I’m trying not to spoil the end of the video.)

Anyway, the soundtrack is awesome. We are really happy with how it worked out. This isn’t just a list of songs I thing are cool. This is a list of songs I think are cool AND Emily thinks are cool AND they compliment what’s happening in the game AND we were able to—after a long battle with an army of lawyers, managers, and feuding bandmates, and by spending lots of our publisher’s money—able to secure the rights to use them. A lot of my favorite songs are on here, and a lot of songs we found out about over the course of this project from our Special Metal Consultant, the awesome Allan from Aquarius Records. Thanks Allan!

In case you want to check out some of these songs and can’t wait for Rocktober 13th, I noticed someone already made a YouTube playlist out of our soundtrack. Awesome.

IN OTHER NEWS OMG WE’RE ON THE COVER OF GIRLS OF GAMING!!! THIS IS THE BIGGEST PICTURE I COULD FIND!!!

If you want a bigger picture, and if you want to see Ophelia in 3D, you’re just going to have to go out and buy yourselves a copy!
Hurry!
Limited edish!

08/12/2009 - 02:34 PM
08/12/09 - 05:44 PM
Hungryfreak:

"I definitely must say that you did an awesome job with the sound track, though it could use a bit more death and doom metal, in my opinion. Oh well, if you plan on battling for some soundtrack DLC, then there's an area to focus on! I'll forgive you, though, due to the otherwise high quality material on it. I'm especially pleased to see Skeletonwitch up there with the track that I unofficially requested in my unofficial dream soundtrack thread on these forums. I'm definitely excited to thrash some souls with my black sorcery in Brütal Legend. Also, as a coincidence, I hope you realize that both Skeltonwitch and Baroness are releasing albums on Rocktober 13th as well, only making the day more and more epic, and my prospective wallet on that day a bit lighter. The 13 is a day that shall go down in history!"
08/12/09 - 06:16 PM
Conrad:

"The soundtrack looks amazing! Some fantastic songs on there, and you picked my favorite Dethklok song! I am so excited for Rocktober! Brutal Legend, and my Dethklok tickets just came in the mail! As for the magazine, so conflicted! I'm so excited for Brutal Legend and Ophelia seems awesome, and I'm very happy for you to get more coverage and recognition... but I hate those Girls of Gaming magazines SO HARD. Rrrgghhh... conflicted... ah what the hell, congrats! :D"
08/12/09 - 07:20 PM
Morgonzo:

"PLAY loves you guys. I'm glad you love them back."
08/12/09 - 08:27 PM
Chief Wakamakamu:

"Grrrr. Girls of gaming. Seriously, what is a high-browed elitist like myself supposed to say to that? On the other hand, the soundtrack is awesome."
08/12/09 - 11:29 PM
Polite Society:

"Awesome soundtrack guys! I'm curious to know what the Dimmu Borgir song was that had to get changed, though Progenies is a fantastic track. The only thing I could have hoped for would be something from the older epic-metallers Bal-Sagoth catalogue. Something like "The splendor of a thousand swords gleaming beneath the blazion of the hyperborean empire" :P Still, awesome. So awesome. Bring on Rocktober 13th!"
08/13/09 - 07:29 AM
Leroy Octopus:

"The Girls of Gaming thing is a bit wierd, but great soundtrack. Even though I don't know half of the songs."
08/13/09 - 07:13 PM
dinnerordie17:

"I don't know most of these songs but I'm sure this game will probably make me like them. And that magazine is.... ewww WTF double fine seriously"
08/13/09 - 09:14 PM
RachelO:

"Mr Schafer, you are a rockstar! And Ms Ridgeway is a rockstar for assembling such an amazing soundtrack! And what is with all these d-bags whining about a girl gamer magazine? Get over yourselves because that cover looks awesome!"
08/13/09 - 09:21 PM
RachelO:

"Ah I'm ignorant. Not a girl gamer magazine, a girlie magazine for gamers. Still seems awesome to me, though."
08/14/09 - 12:06 AM
dinnerordie17:

"It isn't a gaming magazine for girls, its a perveted magazine for sick gaming guys that want to fap off to photo shoot style pictures of girls from games"
08/14/09 - 01:18 AM
Seabean:

"Wow, well done for pluging Aquarius Records. The finest record shop, internet or otherwise."
08/14/09 - 06:18 AM
kandenkiller:

"When did Ophelia turn goth?"
08/15/09 - 05:55 PM
trchaney:

"Thought you might want to know, the Fort Worth Examiner's Metal Writer mentioned Brutal Legend in his article about the resurgence of metal!: http://www.examiner.com/x-19840-Fort-Worth-Metal-Music-Examiner~y2009m8d15-Metal-resurrection-of-the-beast"
08/17/09 - 03:39 AM
Chief Wakamakamu:

"Ophelia was always goth/emo, I believe."
08/17/09 - 03:40 AM
Chief Wakamakamu:

"I still find it amusing that the people who make this magazine clearly don't know what an Archetype is."
08/17/09 - 01:33 PM
bobmacho:

"I am getting a tv and a Playstation 3 just to play this game. I am shelling out 1700 euros just for you, Tim. Grim Fandango was that good.. /Alex"
08/18/09 - 12:46 PM
Hungryfreak:

"I bought my 360 a couple years ago when the first news of Brütal Legend came out specifically for Brütal Legend, haha."
08/19/09 - 02:22 PM
nieker:

"Girls of Gaming? A secret community of female gamers? It can't possibly be. The ancient writings were right all along. The skyre once spoke of such a place"
08/24/09 - 10:06 PM
kgoodies:

"while the girls of gaming thing is awesome. i'd like to inform everyone that brutal legend has a four page alpha breakdown in this month's gameinformer (bottom line: good stuff) also, if any of you actually read the GI online news letter, then you'd know that there's a demo in the works YAY!"