Mark Haigh-Hutchinson

image I was sorry to hear today that Mark Haigh-Hutchinson passed away. Mark worked at LucasArts back in the old days, and was very sharp programmer, not to mention a super nice guy.

For some reason, this is the first memory of Mark that pops into my head: We’re both in the Lucas mini-kitchen, getting coffee, and I’m complaining about how I threw my back out somehow. And before I know it, Mark is on his back on the carpeted hallway, showing me how to stretch your lumbar muscles by hugging your knees to your chest, and rolling around on a hard floor. Previously I had thought Mark Double-H to be a shy, reserved person, but here he was rolling around like an egg, trying to help me fix my back. The move itself can be a little embarrassing to do, but I’ll admit I still use it whenever my back hurts.

So for that tip, and for Metroid, and for introducing me to Miyamoto that time at E3 when I was too scared to walk up to him, I say, thanks to you, Mark!

01/17/2008 - 06:28 PM
01/17/08 - 08:12 PM
Apple Pop:

"Man, I'm sorry to hear that... You'll remember him as an awesome guy and it's good that you have those great memories of him."
01/17/08 - 11:13 PM
Mr Snuffle:

"Tis a sad day indeed. Everyone involved has my condolences."
01/18/08 - 03:33 AM
ProggleRock:

"RIP. :("
01/18/08 - 11:42 AM
willy:

"He is in the land of the dead now, awaiting his 4 year journey. RIP, God bless."
01/18/08 - 07:00 PM
Persona7:

"Resting In Peace, and he can play videogames nonstop for the rest of eternity."
01/19/08 - 07:56 AM
masquerade:

"It is sad to hear of such a loss, especially one who is was involved in the golden age of adventure gaming aswell as some great gaming projects. Nevertheless, that seems like a great memory to be imprinted with and be able to remember him by; thanks for sharing. R.I.P"
01/19/08 - 10:49 AM
patronise:

"I don't know Mark specifically, but if he was an old school Lucasarts programmer he must've been a great guy. Farewell dude."
02/04/08 - 04:08 PM
kgoodies:

"yeah, telltale also gave the word that mark had died, guess cause a lot of people at telltale say that at a point the worked at lucas, its sad when this kind of stuff happens. with deepest condolence, rest in peace mark."
09/06/15 - 09:33 PM

"Ich komme aus Paket Pulau Tidung und ich liebe, Spiele zu spielen, besonders, wenn chip Spiele dieses Krieges. Mein Haus ist ein touristischer Ort, der es immer überfüllt mit Besuchern Tour, sofern ich Spiele spielen macht. Für diejenigen unter Ihnen, die wollen, um andere Informationen zu erhalten, wo ich lebe Sie glauben Artikel via Titel Pulau Pari lesen sachverstand"