We have a Winner!

Voting is officially over! No more votes, please. The winner of the 2008 Double Fine Pumpkin carving contest is…

Christina Patterson!

Congratulations Christina!

Now some of you might dispute the results of this competition, calling them unfair. Some might claim that we didn’t actually have a Double Fine Pumpkin Carving Contest this year. And that is true. I was busy traveling around Tennessee to organize one. BUT that didn’t stop Christina! She was self-motivated enough to carve this lovely Psycho-pumpkin and sent us the pictures without being asked. And I like that kind of pumpkin gumption.

(Aside: “Pumpkin Gumption” looks like it would be really fun to say, but it’s actually not.)

Even if there had been a full-on contest, with all sorts of fancy advertising, voting, awards, and multiple applicants, I’m sure Christina would have won anyway. Just look at that pumpkin! Notice the following positive attributes:

-It’s obviously slathered in some sort of delicious butter, or the kind of “posing oil” that bodybuilders use. It really catches the light and shows off the pumpkin’s handsome crevices.
  -It is wearing some sort of glowing Pope hat, which is a strange but effective touch in these spiritually bankrupt times.
  -If you look closely, you can see some sort of orange pumpkin dandruff on the carpet around the base. This adds to the realism, and probably took a long time to create and scatter in such a pleasing manner
  -In the upper-left corner of the picture, is that a… sewing machine? Wow. I was impressed when I thought she had carved this pumpkin using standard tools, but now that I know she SEWED it on a SEWING MACHINE… I don’t know what to say. That is super hard to do. And it requires special needles I’m sure.

So, It’s no contest. And I mean, literally, there was no contest at all. But that didn’t stop Christina Patterson, American Hero. Who may or may not be American.

Christina, if you ever come by Double Fine, I promise to buy you some Peanut M&Ms from the candy machine in the garage, and if the machine is out of Peanut M&Ms I will offer you a choice of a candy of similar or lesser value. You have earned it.

Happy Halloween! Thanks for playing, and carving.

10/31/2008 - 08:03 PM
10/31/08 - 11:48 PM
Bob Loblaw:

"I get the feeling that you may come to regret that promise. I don't know why. I don't know how. But mark my words..."
11/01/08 - 01:18 AM
peztrip:

"Pumpkin Gumption, what's your function? u got s3wd."
11/01/08 - 01:55 AM
Breakman:

"That is definitely one awesome pumpkin. I always find these kind of carvings (not fully cutting into the pumpkin, but chipping off) interesting, not mentioning they are time consuming and requiring patience. Really cool. I hope you had a great Halloween, Christina!"
11/01/08 - 08:21 AM
Kitsune:

"excellent carving, i like how the different thicknesses make the brain glow and the title ultra glow. :)"
11/01/08 - 05:54 PM
solidsprite:

"Awesome, even though it's missing a tin foil hat."
11/01/08 - 10:09 PM
mykalwane:

"Nice job. Just a heads up if your travels are threw the DFW area I offer ya some free food if you stop by guys. I have no idea where in your travel threw the southern parts is threw Texas or not. Either way when in the south watch your step. You never know what you may step in."
11/02/08 - 12:39 AM
Apple Pop:

"Very excellent pumpkin! Great job, Christina! I can easily say tha this is the coolest pumpkin I have seen this year!"
11/02/08 - 05:19 PM
General Balls:

"That is a very nice pumpkin. In fact, I think all pumpkins look very nice, so long as I don't have to eat them."
11/03/08 - 02:04 PM
Zatknis:

"The little Raz on top looks so nimble."
11/04/08 - 05:47 PM
Christina Patterson:

"holy monkeys on unicycles juggling candy I think I might just explode with happiness. seriously... explode. This makes me so happy that I will explode into confetti after typing this and then have to wait for my room mate to come on by and sweep me up and put me back together. I am in love with your guys' games for their humor, uniqueness and all around awesomeness of stuff I do not have time to type for fear of exploding soon and thusly being unable to type anymore. I had wanted to make a pumpkin for each but only had time for this one. Its hard to sew a pumpkin and all <3 I hope to sew tiny dolls, not pumpkin dolls mind you, of most of the characters and give them to ye at Double Fine in exchange for a signed poster one day. I know it seems silly but if I am actually able to do it that means I will be able to get those M&Ms;too :3"
10/09/09 - 05:00 PM
Christina Patterson:

"So I am thinking of submitting a pumpkin again this year. not the same pumpkin as last year ... a new one >:3"
04/30/15 - 04:53 PM
reynof:

"with a lit, it makes it seem flame with a bold red color. hay day hack"
05/15/15 - 05:28 PM
reynof:

"congratulations Christina! that is best skills some people do not have. http://hackcheatgame.com/boom-beach/"
09/06/15 - 08:41 PM

"Eu venho de Wisata Pulau Tidung e eu certamente gosta de jogar jogos, especialmente uma vez que os jogos de guerra. Minha casa foi um lugar turístico de que torna cada vez muito mais lotados usando os visitantes turnê quando eu jogar jogos. Para aqueles do vocês que querem saber mais detalhes onde eu vivo o visitante pode ler o o artigo intitulado Pulau Pari"