Carousel showcasing 4 thumbnails linking to video content pages. The currently selected piece of content is displayed above the controls. The controls include previous and next buttons, plus a tablist of buttons. Clicking on the next or previous button will change the selected piece of content. Likewise, focusing or clicking on a tablist button will select that piece of content. Use the TAB or arrow keys to navigate between controls.
The Movie And More
A brand new feature-length documentary diving into the fast-paced world of game design and the fresh challenges that come with turning ideas into reality. In a process called “Amnesia Fortnight,” anyone and everyone at the studio can pitch a game concept. The goal: turn those ideas into working prototypes.
In 2019, during their work in Psychonauts 2, Double Fine held another Amnesia Fortnight. The result? New projects embodying the studio’s ethos of comedic adventures and unique games.
Artists Gianna Ruggiero and Emily Johnstone explore their frankly indescribable game "Get Out Of Detention."
Amnesia Fortnight project lead Asif Siddiky chat with Heather as she plays "Armored Slug," a single or multiplayer base building game about protecting... well, a big armored slug.
Content and Community Manager Heather Alexandra chills with Amnesia Fortnight project lead Lauren Scott while exploring "The Way Down," a Metroidvania-esque adventure about *losing* your powers as you progress.
It's time to dive into our final AF 2019 games, the Cthulhu-inspired puzzle game "The Hideous", and chat with project lead/Psychonauts 2 Art Director Lisette Titre-Montgomery!
- "I don't think we are honing in on some perfect formula. I think every time we kind of want something different out of it, and it evolves and it flips around and changes into different things."
- "I'm not confident the game is going to work. I hope it's going to work, I think we can make it work, but it could all go wrong. And that's fine."
- "Why is it really quiet? Is it because the cameras are here? Or is it because we are looking at a broken game?"
- "When I get home I'm like: 'Oh my god, I gotta do this differently', or 'I am not thinking about this enough'. But when I get in here it's fine."
- "I came in today feeling pretty rested. And now I don't feel that way at all."
- "You know, there is not a lot of biodiversity, so I gotta figure out a way to sort of monkey with that."
- "Any time that I am not actively hitting the keyboard I am wasting time."
- "That is awkward... It's functional, and right now that's probably the most important part."
- "Zak wants the pickle to be floppy, so I'm making a floppy pickle."
- "Maybe I should feel embarrassed. You guys have some pretty damaging footage of me now."
- "We're kinda all riding our cowboy programming. Yeah, it's just crazy."
- Fresh is a 3D single-player dance game by Chris Lam where you must out-perform your opponents in epic, fantasy hip-hop dance battles. As you attempt to access different turfs in the game, you will be pitted against local dance crews and attempt to win the entire audience’s applause. Take turns with your opponents, performing dance moves that require unique button combinations, and perform more advanced moves to earn even more applause points.
- Jiffy Nuke is a 2D couch co-op platformer by Jared Millsin which two teams will attempt to obliterate each other by quickly assembling and launching a nuclear missile. To assemble the missile, each team member will grab a component, platform up to a stage of the rocket and attempt to jam it in.
- Iron Legion is an Action RPG brawler by Geoffrey Soulis in which the player will be able to move freely between piloting a giant Knight and delving into dungeons on foot. Pairs slower, tactical combat in 3rd person when in the Knight with frantic brawling when fighting on the ground.
- Liz Miserable is a modern adventure game musical by James Marion about Liz, a creative girl in a world without creativity. As Liz discovers the effect her creative impulses have on the world and the people around her, players will make narrative decisions ranging from slow, thoughtful choices to impulsive choices in the middle of a song!
- Video Games Inc. is a fast, cooperative, and silly game development simulator by Gavin Carter. Pick your title, genre, and string together a list of random features to come up with wacky game concepts. Think it's high time someone made that first-person golfing text adventure? Well, now -you- can with up to three of your friends. Work at stations like graphics, story, and levels, to produce game value and raise the rating of your game during frantic, timed development sessions. Combine your efforts as a team across multiple areas to add features and increase your game's appeal.
- The Lunar Gazette is a game by Matt Enright! These are turbulent times on the Moon, and the colonists look to The Lunar Gazette to report on the daily happenings. As the Editor-in-Chief, you set the tone of the pivotal paper, deciding what news graces the front page and what gets forgotten.
- Oota's Songs of Happiness is a musical action RPG by Miyuki Richardson where you need to save the world through the power of song. Our hero, Oota, is the last good-hearted person alive with the ability to sing, and must face the evil singing monsters to restore the peace to the planet.
- Amnesia Fortnight returns on April 4th, 2017! Look at this announcement from the past!
- Amnesia Fortnight returns on April 4th, 2017! Look at this announcement from the past!
- "Is everyone emotionally prepared to go live?"
- To celebrate the closing of the Amnesia Fortnight 2017 voting period, Double Fine will be hosting live demos of previously unseen AF prototypes before announcing this years winners.
- The team leads for the selected Amnesia Fortnight 2017 projects will present a more developed pitch of their game to Double Fine. Through this process the staff of Double Fine will pick the game they want to work on most and project teams will be decided.
- Based on the trick-taking card game of the same name, Taroky is a game by Amy Price as much about tradition and relationships as it is about cards. Learn to navigate the rules of one family’s take on a centuries old game, and the varied personalities of that family who is playing with you.
- We played one of our Amnesia Fortnight prototypes, "Kiln," during a lunch time livestream on Friday, June 2 at 12:00 pm Pacific time. Watch players join the game to throw pots and smash your enemies alongside the dev team!
- Astro Helmet is a fast-paced and hyper-stylized space shooter focused on MASSIVE boss battles - think Star Fox meets Shadow of the Collossus. Project Lead: Jeremy Mitchell
- Headlander is a third person action adventure game set in a retro future world where you can launch your head from its body, fly it around, land into— and take control of, the bodies of enemy forces. Project Lead: Lee Petty
- Ether is a game about the joy of exploration; skimming over the ruins of Derelict ships scattered across a lonely, desolate island. Project Lead: Andrew Wood
- A microphone operator listening in on the quarterback's plays overhears something sinister in the crowd and must use wits and skills to save the world. Project Lead: Chad Dawson
- Scavengers is League of Legends crossed with survival games such as Day Z and State of Decay. Project Lead: Matthew Franklin
- Derelict is a exploration game in which you'll have to find out what happened to the crew of an abandoned spaceship drifting through outer space. Project Lead: Oliver Franzke
- Timagotchi is a pet simulator where you nurture an adorable little Tim Schafer and help him bring his ideas to life. Project Lead: Brandon Dillon.
- Mnemonic is a surreal, first-person noir adventure where you explore and rearrange memories in order to solve the murder of the woman you loved. Project Lead: Derek Brand
- A rhythm-based shoot 'em up inspired by Ikaruga and Ridiculous Fishing, where you explore the mysterious depths of the ocean. Project Lead: Ben Peck
- Breach is a space sim 3rd person shooter. Project Lead: Geoffrey Soulis
- Play as a fearless horse-for-hire to save a storybook land full of inept heroes. Project Lead: John Bernhelm
- A 3rd-Person Action Puzzler where you observe alien wildlife and adopt their abilities to survive in a hostile ecosystem. Project Lead: Asif Siddiky
- Terrifying, atmospheric first person cave exploration tapping into the wonder of discovery and the fear of the unknown. Project Lead: Paul Levering
- Bionic commando meets the movie Gravity in Reentry, a Zero-G physics thriller Project Lead: Drew Skillman
- Explore a lost robot civilization in Buried Metropolis, a roguelike-like where every wireless access point you visit in the real world holds its own unique, randomly generated dungeon. Project Lead: JP LeBreton
- A 3D action adventure game where you play a house cat exploring the outside world for the first time. Project Lead: Paul Owens
- Great Spirits is a 3D Adventure where you play a down-and-out stage magician who gains the power to summon spirits from beyond the grave to help him on a supernatural quest. Project Lead: Elliott Roberts
- Dum Sim, a dim sum dining game with Kairosoft, Warioware, and Cooking Mama mechanics. By Lydia Choy.
- An emergent narrative game, where you play a despotic ruler guiding the future of a post-revolution Republic. Project Lead: Anna Kipnis
- Project 行 is a spell-casting fighting game, based on the five Chinese elements. Project Lead: Duncan Boehle
- Bad Golf 2! Sequel to the Greatest Golf Game never made! Bad Golf 2! Project Lead: Patrick Hackett
- Journey through the different eras of adventure games - begin in a text based adventure, move to the 8-bit graphic era, through points & click, and finally arrive in the modern day incarnation of the genre. Project Lead: Justin Bailey
- The Last Missile Commander is a global tactical strategy game on an epic scale! Set in an alternate 1984 Earth, you are charged with guarding the world's last seed bank. Project Lead: Brian Min
- A summer camping slasher horror adventure game that captures the aesthetic of the films from the 70's and 80's. Project Lead: David Gardner
- Humans: A Study Guide, is a life and relationship simulation where you control a person from childhood to old age, leveling up life skills, making critical choices, and fostering meaningful connections with people that last a lifetime. Project Lead: Kee Chi
- "Karate Troopers is a turn based strategy game with epic battles that scale up in size. Project Lead: Jeremy Natividad
- You are a cat jumping through boxes to other worlds! Project Lead: David Farrell
- Jet Girl & Ghost Dog is a co-op action RPG where you control either a girl with a cool jetpack or her ghost dog friend as you seek out what, exactly, killed the dog. Project Lead: Ben Burbank
- Seven gnomes and a shape shifting witch hack through an army of Un-Dead. Craft awesomer weapons, cut down more Un-Dead, then relax and Drink Ale (Gnomes LOVE Ale). Project Lead: Levi Ryken.
- Watch Tim Schafer, Isa Stamos, and Greg Rice discuss all 29 pitch videos for the 2014 Amnesia Fortnight!
- Double Fine' s launch video for Amnesia Fortnight 2014! Amnesia Fortnight has generated many of the studio's game ideas over the past five years, including Spacebase DF-9, Hack 'n' Slash, Costume Quest, Stacking and more.
- The top ten are announced!
- Get to know the three project leaders for Amnesia Fortnight 2014!
- The 2014 Amnesia Fortnight finalists have been announced and now they get put on the hot seat with Tim!
- Lovely Amnesia Fortnight games, all on Humble Bundle? Behold a teaser trailer from beyond the waves of time!
- Flopulus is a destruction based platformer where you must escape a massive industrial Factory using your powers of inflation and deflation. Because absolutely everything in the Factory, including Flopulus, is completely physics driven, you can think of him as your very own floppy muscle through which you push, squeeze, jump, and navigate the world. As you learn more about the Factory and its sinister purpose, take solace that through clever manipulation of its machines, you can demolish it section by section for POINTS as you make your escape!
- Cloud Prix is a multiplayer racing game by John Swisshelm set on the clouds with magnet-like repel and grapple mechanics. Cloud Prix's gameplay is inspired by physical racers Wave Race 64 and Jet Moto. It's world is influenced by classic Miyazaki films Castle in the Sky, Porco Rosso, and Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind.
- Redbot's Reboot is a game by Oliver Franzke! In this strategic platformer you have to program Redbot to find his way back home. After cueing up individual traversal operations like walk forward, jump or slide (to name just a few examples) you can reboot Redbot and see your plan unfold.
- The Knockover is a card-based heist game by Jerekemy Natividad. In The Knockover, you'll get to plan and pull off heists. Each heist will have a number of different ways to complete successfully. Scouting and planning are important to pull of successful heists. You'll need to recruit a crew that's skilled at exploiting vulnerabitlies in your target.
- Battle Bros is a game by Geoff Soulis. From the future a new king will come to save the world of the past. A college fraternity is brought back in time to King Arthur's court. They fight the evil baron with weapons and armor forged from their modern designs.
- Zumbi Chained is coop brawler game by Kled Pedersen where players are enslaved and chained together and have to fight for their freedom. This small epic game is set in a time of slavery in Africa to Brasil.
- Black Lake is an action adventure game by Levi Ryken set in a forest filled with the dreams of it's animals. It follows a hunter's daughter on a journey to track animals and cleanse their dreams of a darkness that has been feeding on them.
- Bad Golf follows the traditional rules of a 3d golf game like Mario Golf, while allowing players to drive a golf cart in between shots. Four players compete simultaneously, with score based on a combination of fewest strokes, fastest completion, and cart damage.
- From the opening moments of a baby bird hatching out of its egg, learning to find food, and ultimately taking to the skies, The Flock will take players on a dramatic journey across the planet. Along the way they'll be confronted with many of the perils that face birds during migration from unpredictable weather to groups of hunters. Project lead: Greg Rice!
- In KAIJU PILEDRIVER, by Brad Muir, players take the role of giant rubber-suited monsters and wreck the shit out of randomized corporate cities! Players choose from several Godzilla-inspired monsters to battle evil mayors and their gigantic corporate henchman. Eat people and other delicious things to keep your stomach full so that you can continue rampaging through the city.
- Primordial slime is new way to interact with a character on your touch/mobile device created by David Gardner. You, the slime, awaken resting in a Petri dish inside a self destructing laboratory. Explore your way through a maze of physics puzzles while uncovering the mystery of the experiment that both brought you to life as well as brought doom to the lab.
- Shine Run is a driving game by Brent Andrew Shinnwhere you deliver moonshine to customers in a customizable muscle car while avoiding competition in an obstacle laden cartoonish environment full of numerous ways to apply a lot of fun physics.
- Double Fine High is a head-to-head puzzle fighting game by Panya Inversin! In Double Fine High, players from competing high schools smash tiles on a grid playfield to win the round. Satisfying "tap to smash" gameplay gets players interested, but complex linked swipe gestures give experienced players an advantage.
- The White Birch is an ambient platform exploration game by Andy Wood in which a young girl climbs a tower to escape a dark and malevolent forest & reach the prize hanging in the branches of a lone white birch tree growing high above.
- Hack n' Slash is an action adventure game by Brandon Dillon focused on exploration and discovery, not just of its charming fantasy world, but also its internal workings. Based on childhood experiences hacking on games in emulators to discover new things (and break others), Hack 'n' Slash is a world of puzzle dungeons based on progressively more sophisticated cheating, hacking, and reverse engineering techniques.
- Silent but Deadly is one of 23 prototypes being pitched for Double Fine's public Amnesia Fortnight created by Duncan Boehle! You are the sole IT worker in the deepest basement of a massive office building, and after eating a burrito that's been sitting in the fridge for too long, you soil your pants. An incriminating cloud of gas surrounds your body as you walk, so in order to escape the building without being caught, you'll have to be stealthy.
- BRAZEN is a bold new cooperative online action game from Double Fine Productions. Players form small groups to battle epic creatures in a world evoking classic Hollywood fantasy films. Choose from three character classes: the stout defensive Stalwart, the agile and versatile Waracle, or the drunkenly unhinged Beerzerker. The BRAZEN prototype represents a core concept from a small team at Double Fine led by Brad Muir, Project Lead of IRON BRIGADE.
- Spacebase is a simulation game by JP LeBreton! Build a sprawling flotilla-city in space. Peer into the thoughts of its citizens: see their personalities, prejudices, and relationships play out in unexpected ways. Allow visiting ships to permanently join with your base. Take screenshots and string them together into stories to show your friends.
- Milgrim is a game by Joe Kowalski that puts you in the role of the bad guy. Of course, you don't think of yourself as the bad guy. You're a king, and it's your job to govern your kingdom and keep trespassers out. And there's a lot of them. To defeat the swarms of little men invading your kingdom you'll construct levels, hire guards, and cobble together traps from the resources you have at your disposal.
- Autonomous, by Lee Petty, is a first person sandbox construction game set in an 80's inspired futuristic junkyard world. You must use found objects to construct automatons, which have a mind of their own that you cannot directly control. You must use these automatons to survive the hazardous world around you.
- Turk, by Ben Peck, is a puzzle game that uses photomosaics to allow players to explore the 6 degrees of separation between tagged images, where your objective is to get from one image another in as few moves as possible.
- In CritterVerse, by Jeremy Mitchell, you'll travel from planet to planet, solving 2D action puzzles and collecting unique creature data to unlock new abilities. A team of wildlife researchers are on an intergalactic voyage to discover life on other planets. During the mission, their ship is caught in a wormhole and transported across the universe where odd creatures inhabit strange planets.
- In the game Echelon you take on a role of the most gifted surveillance contractor in the world. With the advanced signal intelligence technologies, you will explore a vastcovert underground network, direct real time raids and rescue missions, and progress to become the most feared operator in the world. Project lead: Brian Min