Carousel showcasing 4 thumbnails linking to video content pages. The currently selected piece of content is displayed above the controls. The controls include previous and next buttons, plus a tablist of buttons. Clicking on the next or previous button will change the selected piece of content. Likewise, focusing or clicking on a tablist button will select that piece of content. Use the TAB or arrow keys to navigate between controls.
A brand new feature-length documentary diving into the fast-paced world of game design and the fresh challenges that come with turning ideas into reality. In a process called “Amnesia Fortnight,” anyone and everyone at the studio can pitch a game concept. The goal: turn those ideas into working prototypes.
In 2019, during their work in Psychonauts 2, Double Fine held another Amnesia Fortnight. The result? New projects embodying the studio’s ethos of comedic adventures and unique games.
Artists Gianna Ruggiero and Emily Johnstone explore their frankly indescribable game "Get Out Of Detention."
Content and Community Manager Heather Alexandra chills with Amnesia Fortnight project lead Lauren Scott while exploring "The Way Down," a Metroidvania-esque adventure about *losing* your powers as you progress.
Warning: this video may alter your perception of time and reality. Do not panic if you experience deja-vu. Repeat: DO ~ NOT ~ PANIC~
When Razputin Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, finally realizes his dream of joining the Psychonauts... he finds not all is well with the once-renowned spy organization.
Psychonauts 2 is a game for anyone and everyone! To help ensure a variety of players can enjoy the game, we've worked on many features ranging from combat adjustment tools to colorblind modes.
- As 2020 winds down, here's a look at what's to come for Psychonauts 2. Spoilers: it's coming pretty dang soon!
- As Psychonauts 2 continues development, Double Fine celebrates 20 years of making games. And as things keep moving forward, we take some time to break down our latest level.
- Psychonauts 2 will still be coming to *ALL* promised platforms: PC, Mac, Linux, PS4, and of course - Xbox :)
- What will be the story of Psychonauts 2? Tim reveals all
- Back in 2015 we were looking to Crowdfunding to help make this sequel a reality, and the good news is it worked!
The Classic Psychonauts is out now on Game Pass for Xbox and PC
- Remade Again' from the RAD soundtrack by David Earl, available now on Steam!
- Brütal Legend is an action-adventure that marries visceral action combat with open-world freedom, set in a universe somewhere between Lord of the Rings and Spinal Tap
- The complete adventure is now available - Broken Age is a timeless coming-of-age story of barfing trees and talking spoons. Vella Tartine and Shay Volta are two teenagers in strangely similar situations, but radically different worlds.
- Join The Mobile Trench Brigade and protect humanity from the evil Monovision menace in this Tower Defense Shooter.
- Something's rotten in the land of the dead, and you're being played for a sucker. Meet Manny Calavera, travel agent at the Department of Death. He sells luxury packages to souls on their four-year journey to eternal rest. But there's trouble in paradise. Help Manny untangle himself from a conspiracy that threatens his very salvation.
- Double Fine Productions launches a Kickstarter campaign to fund the development of LucasArts veteran Tim Schafer's first adventure game in over a decade. The world's reaction catches the studio by surprise.
- After the campaign’s record-breaking success, Tim is faced with the reality of having to start work on the game. Friends and mentors stop by the studio to discuss what made adventure games special and how the genre needs to evolve.
- With the premise of the game in place, Tim begins assembling his team from Double Fine's talented pool of developers. A Chinatown bar crawl revisits the establishments that inspired code names for the studio's previous projects.
- Concept artists from Double Fine’s most iconic games gather for an art jam to design the characters and worlds through which Tim’s story will come to life.