Bylines!

Hey, check out that byline. Yeah, this post is BY me, Tim Schafer. And I ain’t line. Get it?

Double Fine Trivia: All of these amazing posts so far on this news page have been by me, Tim Schafer. But not by choice. I used to dream about having a lot of different people post to the news here, and having different bylines from different authors. Artists, programmers, tall people, bearded ladies… such a crazy dream! But whenever somebody who wasn’t me tried to post to the Double Fine Action News I would get jealous and have them killed! (Yes, that is one of the powers of the CEO. It’s a horrible duty, but someone has to do it.)
I was hoping Erik Wolpaw would start posting back when he worked here, but he just made one post and then said he needed to lie down because all the typing made him fainty. (After I went to all the trouble of finding out how to recreate ugly, Old Man Murray colors in FrontPage!) Then he saw how jealous I was getting so he sneaked out to save his own life.

But now the dream is finally a reality. Like most dreams, it has been made possible by our new community manager, Chris Remo. He has hacked a byline in there, using Unix and imaginary numbers, and soon will start making posts. Then I will get jealous and start making more posts of my own, or take other measures! I haven’t decided yet!
Exciting!

05/30/2012 - 05:13 PM
05/30/12 - 08:59 PM
Acefox:

"I support this so long as Chris continues the tradition of putting funny captions for images when you hover over them."
05/30/12 - 10:21 PM
AnAnemoneInAnonymity:

"I support this!"
05/31/12 - 12:33 AM
Conrad:

"Oh! If it causes you to make more posts, I'm all for it! Wait... except that's time that might otherwise be spent working on the game. Nevermind!"
05/31/12 - 11:30 AM
Deg:

"Speaking of blog improvements, can you update the RSS feed so article links go to .com/news/* instead of the broken .com/site/*? That would make me double happy!"
05/31/12 - 01:21 PM
DF Chris Remo:

"Deg, I'm looking at the RSS feed now, and for me all the links indeed go to /news/ rather than /site/ already. Can you verify the RSS URL you're using? Thanks!"
06/01/12 - 03:40 PM
Deg:

"www.doublefine.com/rss/news/ is the feed I'm using. If I click the title or read more links on any post, it goes to something like http://www.doublefine.com/site/bylines/#When:01:13:05Z. Not sure how that "site" word is sneaking in there."
06/01/12 - 03:43 PM
Deg:

"It happens both in Google Reader and the RSS parsing in Safari on Mac."
06/04/12 - 11:28 AM
Razputin:

"Now it is not Tim's private blog anymore :)"
10/12/14 - 03:47 AM
wind:

"Numerous much obliged concerning the energizing online journal posting!www.sewingmachinereviewspro.net"
11/23/14 - 03:53 AM
wind:

"You helped me a lot indeed and reading this your article I have found many new and useful information about this subject. coupon promo codes"
12/01/14 - 01:17 AM
jerryshaw:

"This article is best in my personal opinion. The details are offered with intelligent thought and also consideration. It is rather very nicely written and intriguing. Thank you for delivering this kind of useful information. Regards, Jerry @ Vinity Soft"
12/12/14 - 01:39 PM
wind:

"You have made an incredible showing. I will certainly burrow it and by and by prescribe to my companions. do electronic cigarettes work"
12/30/14 - 03:24 PM
wind:

"Here’s why Marvel-themed products have been a great success Meta description Ever wonder why Marvel Comics seems to be taking over the world? We’re seeing more and more Marvel-themed products, which everyone seems able to relate to. The reasons behind the success of Marvel Comics It’s not just kids who are obsessed with Marvel Comics; adults are, too. Professionals in a number of industries who are enamored with the comic characters have found ways to use Marvel Comics themes in their own products, merchandise, and other creative ventures. To that end, you’ll see Marvel characters pop up in numerous types of games, including casino gambling games, as well as lots of different types of Marvel-themed toys, clothing, and even theme park destinations! Marvel Comics’ birth and evolution Marvel Comics have gone through a series of evolutionary stages which include the golden age, the birth of the Marvel universe, the age of expansion, Marvel’s main event, Marvel reborn and Marvel knights to Marvel now. Marvel Comics came to be in November 1939. This is when the first Marvel comic was published. The first superheroes, Namor the sub-mariner and the original Human Torch, made their debut. Other characters debuted later, such as Captain America, while some of them were terminated after a couple of issues. The birth of the Marvel universe saw characters like Hulk, Thor, the Fantastic Four, and Spiderman emerge. The age of expansion saw comics going outside the code, like Ghost Rider and Punisher. Marvel movies While comic books and comic book culture is plenty popular in its own right, interest in Marvel’s superhero characters soared once their stories were transposed to the big screen in big budget cinematic adaptations. The creativity, entertainment and quality of these movies is sublime and has engendered excitement in legions of fans, old and new. Most of these movies have earned numerous accolades. Much like the comic books, they have also served to an extent as a sort of rite of passage for kids and teenagers. Some of the best known and most successful Marvel movies include Captain America, Thor, Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, the Iron Man trilogy and Hulk, among many others. Marvel themed slots Beyond movies, Marvel’s influence has also spread to the world of gaming, with numerous slot and scratch games bearing the likenesses of Marvel’s superheroes (and villains). Among the more popular games featuring one of the Marvel superheroes is Spiderman slots, which features plenty of exciting action for gamers, along with the chance to “spin a web of winnings”. Plenty of other great slots and scratch games feature other Marvel characters kuje Captain America, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, the Fantastic Four, Wolverine, Elektra, Daredevil, the Avengers and more. Marvel Superhero Theme Park If you’re looking for a fully immersive experience where you could quite literally be surrounded by Marvel characters day and night, you’ll want to head to the Marvel Superhero Theme Park (as soon as it’s built). The theme park is designed to be a massive six storey dome which could be compared to two football fields. With 3D and 4D games on tap, along with holograms and virtual reality simulations, you’ll be in Marvel superhero heaven. The theme park designs were unveiled in January 2014. According to Forbes, the design was meant to resemble a shield, a mobile command center containing other connected domes which could create a maze that takes guests through the story of the marvel superheroes step by step. Marvel themed parties Bring Marvel into your life by theming a birthday party for yourself or your kids after your favourite superhero characters. Go all out with plasticware and cutlery bearing the likenesses of the heroes and villains you identify with the most. There are a couple of online outlets which plan parties like these, or, of course you can elect to go grassroots and do it yourself. With the online agencies, however, they’ll offer extras like attendants to the party in Marvel attires, superhero-themed decorated cakes and more. It’s worth checking out an online party planner agency to see what they have to offer that’ll make your next Marvel-themed party extra special."
01/01/15 - 03:12 AM
wind:

"Thanks for some other informative site. The place else could I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal way. bubblegum casting"
01/04/15 - 02:16 AM
wind:

"What an awesome post, man! I must admit, you have done some admiring work for us. And I thank you for that! bosphorus cruise"
01/19/15 - 04:07 AM
jerryshaw:

"I honestly enjoy fascinating content like this. This is a great post. The points are presented in a special fashion and also the material is very nicely written. No No Customer Service for no no products."