Brütal Legend now rocking your face on PC
BRÜTAL LEGEND NOW IN MULTIPLAYER BETA ON STEAM
SAN FRANCISCO, CA — February 13, 2013 — Double Fine Productions is compelled by the dark gods of Metal to announce that the epic rock-adventure Brütal Legend is being unleashed upon the PC. The game can currently be preordered for $14.99 on Steam—a 25% discount off the release-day price.
So powerful is the game’s raw lifeforce that even its creators cannot contain it any longer. Owners will receive immediate access to the Brütal Legend PC multiplayer beta, which is now live and already blowing souls. All preorder customers will also be granted two exclusive Team Fortress 2 items, Eddie Riggs’ hair and his guitar Clementine, all the better to spread the word of Metal throughout the virtual land.
“Adding a PC release to Brütal Legend’s list of conquests risks raising the world’s ambient Metal saturation to dangerously high levels,” said Double Fine President Tim Schafer, “which is why we’re conducting this closed beta test for preorders.”
“By purchasing this game, you are waiving your legal rights to recourse if the fire beast Ormagöden bathes the world in flame and ushers in the Age of Metal,” commented our lawyer.
“Shh,” added Mr. Schafer.
Also available on Steam is the Brütal Legend original musical score composed by Peter McConnell, which can be bundled with the game for $4.99 or purchased separately for $7.99.
And hot on the heels of the PC release is the long-awaited Art of Brütal Legend book from our friends at UDON Entertainment, including more than 600 lavishly reproduced pieces of concept art from the development process, featuring a foreward by Tim Schafer and an introduction by artist Scott Campbell. The Art of Brütal Legend can be preordered at the Double Fine Action Shop, along with other high-quality merchandise such as multiple brand-new collectible art prints and a limited-edition Eddie Riggs statue: http://shop.doublefine.com/collections/game-brutal-legend
More information on Brütal Legend is available at: http://www.doublefine.com/brutallegend/
SUPER-NERDY GRAPHICAL AND PERFORMANCE DETAILS
Currently Brütal PC is in beta, which means we have more improvements planned before the full launch. Here’s a rundown.
The current version has the following:
• Much higher quality anti-aliasing (FXAA and SSAA). Users will be able to select these through the UI in a soon to come update.
• Support for resolutions > 720p (whatever your monitor/GPU will support).
• SSAO (screen-space ambient occlusion) which makes for better contact shadows and more solid looking objects.
• Major improvements to latency/lag in multiplayer, especially in large games or games where some players have very bad pings.
Updates over the next week or so will add:
• Uncapped (i.e. as fast as your GPU can handle) framerate.
• Support for high-fidelity (i.e. 60Hz) simulation in single player.
• Higher quality shadows.
• Increased draw distance (which users can tune to be larger or smaller if need be).