Episode 24: Physical Copies And More
Hi folks! It’s Harper here and I’m glad to see you again! We have some news about rewards news and I want to start with the most important thing. I think you’re gonna like it.
Unless you’ve been hiding out in a Geodesic Psychoisolation Chamber for the past few years, then you are more than aware of the production impacts brought to us by the general state of the world. We’ve been valiantly battling those with our pals at iam8bit, and we are getting ever closer to bringing you your final rewards. Here’s what remains, and when to expect it:
There’s a lot to break down here so let’s get to it.
Backer Edition Game
Shipping: Q4 2022
- Campaign exclusive slipcase
- USB Flash Drive containing the game in your chosen OS Only, either Windows OR Mac OR Linux. (Defaults to Windows if you haven’t told us)
Backer Collector’s Edition
Shipping: Q4 2022
- USB Flash Drive containing the game in your chosen OS Only, either Windows OR Mac OR Linux. (Defaults to Windows if you haven’t told us
- Another USB Flash Drive containing Psychonauts 1 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Digital download of complete Psychonauts 1 & 2 soundtracks
- Sticker sheet
- Exclusive box - Art TBC, we want it to be suuuuuper snazzy.
WHAT ABOUT THESE DANG STICKERS?
HOW ABOUT THIS FANCY ARTBOOK?
Psychonauts 2 Artbook (wow, peep that preview image!)
Shipping: Q1 2023
This is technically part of the Collector’s edition above, though will ship slightly afterwards
- 250+ Page Luxurious Hardcover Art Book
- Featuring never-before-seen concept art, dev interviews, and more!
- Written by acclaimed writer and host, Ashley Esqueda
- Book Design by Lost in Cult
- Foreword by [Mystery Person to be Revealed Later]
- Backer Exclusive Dust Jacket
Raz & Lili Plushies
Shipping: Q1 2023 (We hope soon! The world is weird!)
We know there’s a huge desire for the Raz plush but the realities around the world mean that it is still in a bit of a limbo. We’ve had work fall through with numerous suppliers, but the goal is early 2023 provided we believe we now have vendors that can deliver. We apologize for the slowness here; between COVID and other factors this has been the biggest hiccups to rewards and shipping that we have encountered. The good news is that we might have extras for those who want some!
Non rewards news!
On the P2 front, we want to stress our new language: Chinese. There’s been a lot of demand for this language from many players and we’re glad to say that progress is coming along smoothly! It’s coming soon to a game near you!
To close out, I have few things to show off and mention. The first is that we had some pride merch come out last month that you might be able to grab too if you want to show your support for the LGBTQA+ community.
You can purchase this lovely shirt here. Additionally, we have a special presentation.
Curious how all our interesting portals work in the game? You might want to check this talk by programmer Aaron Jacobs on how we made twisty worlds. You might even want to look at how we made streaming the game a reality.
There’s a lot happening with P2, rewards, and our physical releases and I hope you enjoy it. If you’re looking for some Double Fine games on the sly, the Steam Summer Sale is still ongoing for a time with big discounts on our games.
Until next time, I hope you all keep kicking butt!