Announcing Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin!

image

It seems like just the other day we were announcing a new Psychonauts game, and now we’re announcing another! What is this, Christmas? Oh right it kinda is I guess, Hooray!

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin was announced today at PlayStation Experience, as a PlayStation VR game coming to PS4 next year! It tells the story of what happens immediately after the end of Psychonauts which was always left on a cliffhanger…

At the end of Psychonauts [spoilers you guys!] Raz is recognized as a great PSI-Cadet and is asked to join his tutors as a fully fledged Psychonaut! But just as Raz is about to go home from camp with his father, news arrives that the Grand Head of the Psychonauts (and Lili’s father) Truman Zanotto, has been kidnapped. The team, Raz and Lili included, fly off in the Psychonauts jet to rescue him.

Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is a totally new game that will bridge the story gap between the original Psychonauts and the forthcoming sequel! Did we mention we were making a sequel? Well we want to - help us make it a reality by backing our crowdfunding campaign!

12/05/2015 - 11:37 AM
12/05/15 - 06:57 PM
Rotzetool:

"I hope this is just a timed exclusive. To rip the story apart like this is kind of sad, especially with hardware this expensive. Maybe it will hit Pc later on. Exclusivity just leads to smaller audiences enjoying your games with a lot of people missing out. (yeah I know money doesn't materialize in the amount you need to bring the games to all platforms and the big two seem to pay pretty good to keep games in their own garden) Just don't let sony swallow you whole... I don't want to see you go. If fig works out other developers (especially smaller ones) won't have to rely on deals with sony or MS to get their games out like they imagined it. They could put them out without leaving ideas behind because of financial problems. Deals with other big publishers could be a thing from the past which just lead to monetization of games with micro transactions and added content which was just added in the sake of selling more content. Well that said... I wish you all the luck in the world. I know you guys make great games and I hope to see them on more systems so everyone can enjoy them."
12/06/15 - 05:07 PM
syntastic:

"Man this is the worst. I wait years for Psychonauts 2 and a crowdfunding campaign finally comes around that fills me with endless joy. Now I read this... So now I need to get a crappy PS4 in order to get the full story. No thanks. Up until now I've bought every single game DF puts out to support them but that ends here. I'm pulling my pledge to Psychonauts 2."
12/07/15 - 10:46 AM
Thub:

"Webmaster! Webmasterrrr! Fix the links please. :)"
12/11/15 - 07:11 AM
JudasFm:

"I love Psychonauts, but I'd be far more inclined to back the campaign if I knew this game was going to be made available for the PC at some point, even if it's as an optional extra on Steam along with the sequel or something. Much as I love it, I can't afford to buy a PS4 just to find out what happens in Rhombus of Ruin :("
12/14/15 - 10:58 PM
tduff:

"Man, the internet is just teeming with negative nancys."
01/13/16 - 01:54 AM
nenoe:

"All the games are so good and many people chose this site for playing online games. Truth be told, children with disabilities are very vulnerable hence the teachers of special education more often than not strive to build a positive relationship with the learners. School and colleges students looking to dissertation writing service for take the information about the latest technologies. They will participate in planning for these children just with one goal. To make them feel they also belong to the society."
01/15/16 - 01:23 PM
james volter:

"I am waitng fot this toy for so long!"
02/18/16 - 02:39 AM
nenoe:

"It is great ideas get here and dissertation help service is better idea for announcing and this creativity helps in a student discovering more hence seeing life in a broader perspective."
03/12/16 - 01:20 AM