The Double Fine Adventure-Adventure is here!

Publishers tell us that adventure games are dead. Our fans tell us they aren’t.
Who is right? Well, I think it’s about time we found out!
Into the THUNDERDOME!

And by THUNDERDOME, I mean KICKSTARTER!

Kickstarter allows regular people to pool their money to make awesome things happen.

Please check out our video, and make a pledge. But before you do, please check out our PREMIUM PLEDGES listed below!

image

You see, some pledges are so premium, they break the Kickstarter system. They’re just that good. So we have to post them here. These are the Premium Rewards. The Glengary Rewards. These Rewards are for Closers.

If you want to make a premium pledge, just mail kickstarter at doublefine.com. I put the at in there to totally fool the spam bots. I hope it didn’t fool you.

Anyway:

Pledge $15,000 or more:
Dinner with Tim Schafer and key members of the dev team.

Pledge $20,000 or more:
Dinner and BOWLING with Tim Schafer and key members of the dev team.

Pledge $30,000 or more:

Pledge $35,000 or more:
Undoctored picture of Ron Gilbert smiling.

Pledge $50,000 or more:
Become an actual character in the game.

Pledge $150,000 or more:
Tim Schafer (that’s me) will give up ONE of his last four remaining Triangle-Boxed Day of the Tentacles, in original shrink-wrap.” (Limit of 1) (Holy crap, what am I thinking? I only have four of those!)

That’s all there is to it! Think it will work? I hope so, because I would rather work directly for the fans than for anyone else. If the Double Fine Kickstarter Adventure is a success, it could open the doors for all sorts of new funding possibilities, and all kinds of new games that could never happen in the old system. So basically I’m just talking about changing the entire world forever for the better. And getting a game out of it.

02/08/2012 - 05:34 PM
02/08/12 - 07:21 PM
Conrad:

"ALL MY DREAMS ARE COMING TRUE. Now if only I had 15,000 dollars."
02/08/12 - 07:28 PM
Acefox:

"Awww yay-ah! Just kicked in my donation! If only I had $150K to give! To think I didn't like the DotT boxes when they came out!"
02/08/12 - 07:57 PM
BBboy20:

"Already bought."
02/08/12 - 08:02 PM
brawsome:

"I see no reason this won't be a huge success."
02/08/12 - 08:02 PM
Rangerage:

"I wonder why they need 400k, is it because they're a decent sized studio? Amnesia for instance was produced with only 25k, so I'm just curious."
02/08/12 - 08:17 PM
MutantSheepdog:

"@Rangerage It's really not that much, if you're talking 7 months of dev time and say each person was on 50K/year, that covers less than 14 people."
02/08/12 - 08:32 PM
Arrested Developer:

"Best hundred bucks I've spent in a long time. I'm going to use the 14,900 I didn't spend on the Adventure to drive to San Francisco, learn the eating habits of Tim, and bribe Maitre D's to sit me at tables next to him. Then I'll just talk really loud about Grim Fandango to the hobo I brought for cover until Tim acknowledges me."
02/08/12 - 08:34 PM
Abby:

"Dear lord, I must acquire 15,000 bucks just to have dinner with Tim and the rest of the developers, but I have no job. If I did, I would totally give them 15k, eat dinner with the Double Fine gang, and regret nothing. It would be the best 15,000 bucks spent ever in my life if it happened."
02/08/12 - 09:10 PM
SirPrimalform:

"Will the game be released anywhere other than Steam when it's finished? Hate is too strong a word, but I really really dislike Steam."
02/08/12 - 09:23 PM
IronicAbomination:

"I don't know what Day of the Tentacle is but if I hit the Powerball you would get some. Honestly I would probably get a lunch and then pay for the most expensive game ever. Kinda like George Harrison bought the most expensive movie ticket ever."
02/08/12 - 10:56 PM
Odovacar:

"If I was independently wealthy, I would throw my money at Double Fine. I believe someone out there has made an offer to fund a game or two. You should talk with him. I think his name was Notch? ;)"
02/08/12 - 11:31 PM
Judobaby:

"Thought about financing the same way but went with local investors instead (similar result, just good people backing the adventure). Looking forward to seeing how this works out for DF and hats off for taking off the shackles! For larger investments, do you actually have to issue shares? Assume the $ is just tied to the "prize"... yeah?"
02/08/12 - 11:50 PM
Chief Wakamakamu:

"I'm still curious if I got a group, say, a Game Creation Society, to pool their resources to donate as a group, would that mean the group would reap the rewards? If we donated 50,000, would our group be represented in game as a strange, amorphous blob? These are the thoughts that keep me up at night."
02/09/12 - 12:09 AM
TurboNed:

"Tim, I think you could appreciate this video. It's only a minute long, but it's got some of my favorite pieces of your history in it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ovT0b6j30A"
02/09/12 - 01:29 AM
Niktou:

"Just chipped in for $100 (max I can for the moment! For the poorer people, would it be possible to at least publish some pics of the DotT game boxes, just to dream?!"
02/09/12 - 03:52 AM
Ficus:

"looks like you already got the fundings you needed. how about kickstart pswychonatus 2 now? ;)"
02/09/12 - 06:09 AM
Niktou:

"You guys collect money faster than Bill Gates! (PS: Psychonauts 2 great idea!)"
02/09/12 - 07:00 AM
Jacka:

"Alright, let's work this out. Assuming the money keeps rolling in at the current rate, and clearly it will, by the end of it you guys should have earned... 46 million dollars. I dare say you might have enough left over to develop and market Psychonauts 2 as well as a giant animated billboard casting colourful aspersions on Bobby Kotick."
02/09/12 - 08:25 AM
Dr.ROBOTUSSIN:

"I'm throwing money at my computer screen as we speak! I don't know how you guys are getting the money but somehow that ticker keeps going up so I'm assuming it's working."
02/09/12 - 11:36 AM
Laserschwert:

"Next step: Get Grossman! The step after that: Get Land, McConnell and Bajakian!!!"
02/09/12 - 01:10 PM
the ass man:

"I would love to have a physical copy of the game. I would pay thirty bucks for that, and. I would pay even more for a collectors edition."
02/09/12 - 02:16 PM
Dracogen:

"Here's a tribute sketch to Tim and Ron and all of Double Fine from Ash and Steve of MegaCynics: http://bit.ly/richguybrush"
02/09/12 - 02:55 PM
Arrested Developer:

"BTW, you guys totally need to do a Double Fine Action Cast about this weeks happenings."
02/09/12 - 03:41 PM
Fawzi:

"POWER TO THE PEOPLE! wish i Had more money to give! I sure hope this 'adventure' changes the way publishers do things ^^"
02/09/12 - 05:12 PM
Chramesly:

"Hey! This looks amazing. I am excited to donate to this. Just before I do - will there be any chance of it being available on Xbox 360 Arcade, or PSN, or any console? My current computer is about to die and I can't be arsed replacing it - but I want to be able to play these games!"
02/10/12 - 02:59 AM
Kilian:

"Congrats on a fantastic success! Still I can't find the pledge amount that gets you hired at double fine?"
02/10/12 - 05:38 AM
Legend:

"So, how much do I need to pledge to make Ron reveal the secret of Monkey Island? :)"
02/12/12 - 06:16 AM
TrapMode:

"How much do we need to pledge for Psychonauts 2!?! Psychonauts is my favorite game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
02/12/12 - 08:27 PM
happy:

"woooow Tim's project is the highest crowdfunded on kickstarter.com. The second highest crowdfunding project was the elevation dock which also crowdfunded $1,464,706! My prediction is Tim will make the $2 million, go Tim!!!!!!!!!!!"
02/13/12 - 07:52 AM
chapel976:

"Donated to the cause. I'm excited. I wish I had $150,000 though... DOTT is one of my favorite games of all time and I remember having that triangle packaging when I bought it way back when from Babbages."
02/13/12 - 07:55 AM
chapel976:

"and for once... can we have the chainsaw AND the fuel for the chainsaw in the same game?"
02/13/12 - 10:46 PM
Roland Deschain:

"wow just wow ($_$)"
02/14/12 - 09:36 PM
Spiffbot:

"Fan-friggin-tastic! Congrats on meeting and beating the hell out of your goal! Looking forward to the game and the documentary!"
02/15/12 - 09:56 AM
Korez:

"I wonder if they are going to pay for dinner"
02/15/12 - 01:11 PM
mithr:

"Hey guys, why not add some more (reasonably priced, $100-200 or less) reward tiers? not only would it seriously help raise more money (and get the project closer to its initial fundraising speed), but it would give us Double Fine Fans a chance to get cool stuff and further express our support for you! I'm really excited about the game, but would be even more excited to get the game + DF extras. I pledged $30 because I'm not that interested in getting a poster, but would gladly increase if there were other options :)"
12/13/13 - 12:18 PM
donot:

"Really awesome material, thank you for providing it. PS4 Controller Shell"
10/27/14 - 05:20 AM
jackdon:

"The financial sector is actually one area that may be very good also it takes individuals. Recruiting knowledgeable person might bring lots of benefits Video Production"
10/30/14 - 04:19 PM
david james:

"I’m inspired with the surpassing and preachy listing that you furnish in such little timing. tampa fishing charters"